So on monday I was fortunate enough to get into westide pets before the crowds did and got myself some synodontis ocellifer, a nice little scat and some monos...

I was just under the impression that they only had sebae there so I grabbed the 4 of them.. bit hard to tell as the tank was dark... So anyway they have settled in great and after watching them for a while today I was thinking to myself that there was definately 2 different types.... After looking at some photos on the net I reckon 2 of them are sebae's and the others are argenteus. Ive heard of sebaes but not the others, has anyone else heard of them... I would love to get pics, but the camera phones just arent fast enough to get them....

yea the argentus are ya local looking butter bream

and the sebae are ya ones from argentina or something

lol

both pretty available thru wholesalers so most pet shops can order them in

same conditions tho, love the brackish water

die at first sign of nitrite

cant say ive ever caught one of em when I have been fishing, so cant be to common round the GC.

Yeah it seems they spawn in fresh water then as the young get older they move into brackish then finally full salt at maturity.

cant say ive ever caught one of em when I have been fishing, so cant be to common round the GC.

Yeah it seems they spawn in fresh water then as the young get older they move into brackish then finally full salt at maturity.

You are kidding they are like pigeons in the queen st mall, EVERYWHERE ..... bait thiefs.

Dave

tallebudgera bridge, cast net, done..