I have read all the posting requirements for advertising items for sale and understand the dispute resolution process if there is problem with an item, but there is no come back for someone that has been sent a PM locking in fish or items for pickup and then never arrives or contacts you to let you know they don’t what that item anymore. I understand that sometimes there is issues and i dont mind being contacted but when its lazyness or ignorence its unfare to those who use the sight properly.

I have had several items not picked up after being locked in and know that a certain member has done this to others before without explanation. These members should be shamed so others don’t get trapped by them.

Only my thoughts but maybe will stop people getting stuffed around.

Bryce

Gday Bryce

I agree that being stuffed around by members who are purely lazy and have no real reason why they do not pick up fish/goods. The reason why the dispute resolution was introduced was to help combat this problem and bring in acountability to all members, this can only work if ALL members keep the ADMIN/ MODs (dispute centre) in the loop and actualy advise us of when this happens and so when someone does this we can make them accountable and in some cases ban the user completely.

A big issue with naming and shaming is that it can be a witch hunt and even as seen on other sites it can create false numbers and postive responses by members getting friends to boost rankings.

I incorouge every member who has been suffed around to contact myself so that they can be loged into the system and a eye kept on then.

Cheers

Johno

bryce you can as the seller lodge a complaint also, if the buyer gets a couple complaints i think the mods can stop them from accessing the trading forums, (but i'm not sure,), at the least it will be noted by the admin/mods,

EDITED==== ( OOPS, WHAT BN JOHN SAID, )

Edited by steveandjules

Ebay have a rating page that works well for good traders.

But bad traders can just start a new identity and do it all over again.

But at least with that system you can see positive ratings for good traders.

I understand that anyone can fudge the ratings.

Its just the way it is.

bryce you can as the seller lodge a complaint also, if the buyer gets a couple complaints i think the mods can stop them from accessing the trading forums, (but i'm not sure,), at the least it will be noted by the admin/mods,

Exactly right. We will certainly act on formal dispute resolution reports including no-shows etc. We would love to act on blatant disregard for common courtesy and especially when an obvious pattern of poor behaviour is evident. But if we don't know about it through formal processes then nothing much can get done and the inappropriate behaviour continues.

Guest Kamfa

i think that sort of thing need to happen to be honest, only being 16 this was a shoick to me, i organised to get four blue rams delivered for $50 down to the coast, i sent the trader my adress and we arranged it all and it was sorted. i was waiting all day for him to turn up, my dog was being washed outside the house at mid day and i was stood with my dog, aparently the seller went to the front door and no one was in and no cars on the drive, this was aparently at mid day aswell, i think we do need a feedback system, so that other buyers tht are not farmilliar with many of the forum members can make a informed decision on wether or not to deal with the seller,

ragards

kamfa

Gday Kamfa,

I do feel for you mate and yes we have all had it happen to us at one time or another and that is why we did set up this system of the dispute resolution centre to help combat this problem and also make those who do waste time accountable for there actions/or lack off.

We have in place now a area where members can comment on a member and that is in everyones PROFILE in this area members should be utilising this as a way of thanking good traders and buyers so that everyone can see how good your experience has been with that member. This has been designed to leve comments/feedback where most use it as a form of PM it is better used as recognition of each members contribution to both other members and the forum.

Cheers

Johno

Guest Kamfa

Thanks Johno, i had completly forgotten about the user profiles, i will be sure to comment on peoples profile's in future

thanks mods, keep up the great work!

its up to the users to formally notify admin as to what had happened. thats why we have them.. we start naming and shaming people in public this forum will get a bad rep..

we'll have to chage it from QLDAF - PMSAF. sponsors will be lost and whos gunna stop good members from being named and shamed cuz they heavily disagree on something just out of spite.. use the administrators.. thats what they are there for. i have been stuffed around also by many users on here and by respected ones but still as the seller i find that setting up a time that im just lounging around watching baywatch reruns looking at them run.. huh. oh nevermind.. gardening etc is the best time to organise a pickup..

some that have stuffed me around previously still end up coming by and buying other stuff.. and i remind them.. LOL makes them feel awkward.. thats fun.. just suck it up and do the right thing.. PM FIIK he loves this sort of stuff.. i think his fav button is DEL..

my 2cents..

its up to the users to formally notify admin as to what had happened. thats why we have them.. we start naming and shaming people in public this forum will get a bad rep..

we'll have to chage it from QLDAF - PMSAF. sponsors will be lost and whos gunna stop good members from being named and shamed cuz they heavily disagree on something just out of spite.. use the administrators.. thats what they are there for. i have been stuffed around also by many users on here and by respected ones but still as the seller i find that setting up a time that im just lounging around watching baywatch reruns looking at them run.. huh. oh nevermind.. gardening etc is the best time to organise a pickup..

some that have stuffed me around previously still end up coming by and buying other stuff.. and i remind them.. LOL makes them feel awkward.. thats fun.. just suck it up and do the right thing.. PM FIIK he loves this sort of stuff.. i think his fav button is DEL..

my 2cents..

AGREE. I TAKE your 2 cents. BUT HAVE NOT HEARD ANY RESOLUTION YET. REPUTATION IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN A NON-PAYING CONSCIENCE. KARMA WILL COME AND HUNT LIKE PEOPLE.

Sad but true, and bound to cause a lot of offence, so my apologies to the younger responsible forum members but if the forum is representative of my experiences, it's the younger element who simply don't have the courtesy (responsibility) that older members do. On every occasion that I have been let down, on looking at the profile, it's the younger bums that just don't seem to respect the fact that other folk are waiting on them..............quite simply..........a lot of 'em gob off about what they want, and will buy, or can do, but when it comes to the crunch............ mommy or daddy won't play..........either with the pennies or the transport. God help 'em in the real world.............and those they inflict their dreams and promises upon..............just hope it ain't my daughter or son.

kev

Would it be possible that mods actually did it? We do our part as in follow the dispute resolution and the Mods post the final decision. The mods have a sticky on the FS section containing just one post and they edit it by adding to it...

So it would look like:-

Username Warned for not showing up.

Username Banned from FS section for two weeks for misleading.

That way sellers and buyers can look at the sticky post and decide weather to buy or sell to/from person.

I do not think that would be too hard and would fix the issue and continual posts requesting this.

Everyone is happy that way.

Prob just a warning tab in the profile. No need to make it viewable 100% of the time. just click on their profile and admin reviews should be inserted. Just like looking at reviews before downloading from piratebay, to make sure thers no virus etc.. Same layout as tech den. But in profile. I still think shaming people in public is not the way to go. This will only lead to negative site feedback and posible legal reprocusions.

I think rather than a shaming page, have a naming page, in which we reward good sellers for their kind, honest and reliable behavior with positive feedback. Shaming will cause too much drama, however if there was a page that rattled off all the trustworthy people, than anyone could visit it, or even type a persons name in the search bar, and it will bring up that page, stating if the persons are worthwhile to deal with...

IMO this would be alot more productive.

Would it be possible that mods actually did it? We do our part as in follow the dispute resolution and the Mods post the final decision. The mods have a sticky on the FS section containing just one post and they edit it by adding to it...

So it would look like:-

Username Warned for not showing up.

Username Banned from FS section for two weeks for misleading.

That way sellers and buyers can look at the sticky post and decide weather to buy or sell to/from person.

I do not think that would be too hard and would fix the issue and continual posts requesting this.

Everyone is happy that way.

What actualy happens when someone is given a suspension or a ban is that a note apears just under user name with what there infrigment is. The biggest issue with disputes is more to do with members not actualy bringing issue too myself (dispute resolution) or notifiying any other mod of what the issues are.

The best advice to all members is that if someone does do wrong then send me a PM with your dispute and if I am away please forward them on to any other mod so they in turn can pass them forward to me.

What you will need to do is

* Who the dispute is with........

* What the dispute is ( also include any thread/threads that relates to Dispute)............

* Attach a copy of any corispondance between both parties....

* Attach any other information that you feel is relivent to the dispute...

I would also like to remind everyone that once a dispute has started all parties that are involved in the dispute are not allowed to discuss this dispute with any other member and the conciquences of this will be either a enfringment, suspension or a complete ban from the forum.

These rules are designed to protect members from false acusations and also to give both sides a fair chance of having there say.

All desisions have one last avenue and that is to take it up with Grumundi and all desisions are final.

Cheers

Johno

I think rather than a shaming page, have a naming page, in which we reward good sellers for their kind, honest and reliable behavior with positive feedback. Shaming will cause too much drama, however if there was a page that rattled off all the trustworthy people, than anyone could visit it, or even type a persons name in the search bar, and it will bring up that page, stating if the persons are worthwhile to deal with...

IMO this would be alot more productive.

pro-tip

-> http://www.qldaf.com/forums/off-topic-discussion-8/fwg-jam-43917/

Thanks for all the info and comments so far, i have read them all and agree with many, i now hope that from this post it has not only helped out any member with an issue but also has made many people think twice before actually locking in an item to ensure they are not only able to but are going to pick that item up. In throwing around ideas how about a traffic light system which could sit under the green dot showing members are online, wich is controlled by mods where a light is awarded for an infringement and stays there for a period of time like then drops away with good behavior. The more people that contact the mods about you if found guilty gains you another light and so on. 3 lights for instance may stay there for 6 months so people can see you dont pickup or dropoff. I know there is replys on this post that mention you can look at the users profile page for comments but i dont want to have to check on everyone that i have to deal with it should be sitting there on a PM or a reply to a post i submitted.

Bryce