hi everyone iam new to this an just wanted to now what is the average fry loss for common bristlenose per batch i have at least 80 fry but have lost about 20 to 30 is that normal

any info would be very helpfull

Depends on the tank, ph, temp etc. I had my bn breeding in a 1ft tank and had large fry loss but as soon as i put them in a 4ft i started to get a very large survival rate. Look at the temp and make sure it is stable. also make sure there is enough food for them. Hope it helps at all.

hey thanks for the info an had a look it all looks good. An they started dieing when they where about a week old they are about 4 weeks old now an still every couple off days there is a couple dead an they are in a 4foot tank with other albino fry an they are doin fine they are all about the same age an the ph is about 6.8 an the temp is 26 has a 1000L canister filter an two sponges an there is no amonia or nitrite.

Keep the food up to them with regular smalll water changes and heaps of filtration. Keep an eye on temp when doing the water changes to aid against whitespot. BN fry of any sort r very fickle and need constant food supplies without overfeeding especially if still with the adults as the parents want it all and the fry miss out. Im still trying to get very high success rates but is difficult with limited waterspace for large numbers.

Hope this can beof help

Hi, i have had 100% success rate with my in a 2ft tank ended up with about 200 fry, i left them breed for a couple weeks then took the log out, about a week later took the parents out as the fry need the parents poo to eat for the first bit. I just moved them into a 4fter today with some other fry i have growing out they range from 1cm to 4cm, will be selling soon. Also if you want a big male i have one spare for 10 bucks.