ashimus

what exactly are shrimp?

You can get red claw crayfish or blue claw crayfish....They breed nicely and you can have say 3 or 4 in a 2 foot tank. I long time ago I inherited 4 blue claw crayfish and in no time they were breeding. Because I was completely new to it all and I didn't even know this forum existed, and thus due to my inexperience I lost the fry and ultimately the crays but they grow nice and big.

now there is something to tempt your mates when they come over. Put a $50 note under a rock in a crayfish tank and get your mate to put his hand in the tank and pull it out without getting latched onto by a cray - they hurt too :)

some people class shrimp as rcs and ghost shrimp and crystal red shrimp(personally i dont see the diff between crs and rcs) but others class crayfish as shrimp

i dont know off anyone that class crayfish as shrimp. i have never heard it done that way before to tell you the truth. shrimps are shrimp, prawns are prawns,crays are crays and yabbies yabbies. be kinda like someone sayin "nice dolphin bud" and then the owner saying "its an orca".........."oh yeah but some people class em dolphins"..........just gets a lil confussing hence the classification given. red claw crays, not red claw shrimp. red cherry shrimp, not red cherry crays etc. we in oz call crayfish crays. people in southern usa call em crawdads so names do kinda vary.....but less so classification of spp. HTH