028NVD

air pumps and stones

i recently noticed the small cylinder air stone in my 3ft tank wasn't letting out as much air as it used to, so i put the pump from low to mid. is it the pump or the stone that causes this? i have also seen a black tubing that is used as an airstone are these any good? what do you guys use and recommend?

Black air tubes are okay, but they're a bit fiddly trying to get them to lay flat and trying to conceal them. They spread the bubbles out more, so the water uplift is not as rapid and surface agitation isn't as great, it's just a gentle wall of bubbles (only good for aesthetics in my opinion). I prefer an air stone for decent aeration. Might be worth replacing the air stone (get a heap of ebay cheapies) but I've found some of my little air pumps go to the pack after a while, pretty cheap to replace.

i plan using a few suction cups with the eheim spray bar clips (or similar) and heat the up and close the clips to holdthe air hose stuff, it will go behind all my lava rock so it will hardly be seen if at all. i also have my spray bar from my eheim cannister aimed up a bit to agitate the surface of the water to aid airation :)