either way, the way for sexing doesnt really change,

both fish are sexed in a similar way

males will generally have longer anal and dorsal fins, be more colourful

but yeh a pic will help.

Cav

Edited by __CAV__

I actually Got told by the pet shop on moggil road that it as a brazil, thats where I bought it.. Went to city farms with a pic on my phone and the guy there said it was the same and showed me a bigger one they had in a display tank. So im not exactly a dodgy seller it just wasn't to my knowledge. I dont know all the american species so sorry mate..

The body colours would suggest a braz, but the orange on the fins gives it away as a terror straight up. And yeah looks like a male.

Please explain how the body colours would suggest a brasiliensis, the fish are totally different in every way

attachment.php?attachmentid=10137&stc=1&d=1305072207

Body is the same funky yellowy/browny color, Tuqoise through the gills, Same fin structure, Black spot towards the upper back,

Im only saying that i see how it could be confused to a nooby person at an lfs, but to someone who knows americans, theres a clear difference.

Happy?

post-1654-14711624630593_thumb.jpg

Yer either way there both cool fish so. Alot of the Americans look so similar. Like if my Firemouths didn't have red on there jaw I'd say they look identical to my other smaller brazils. But yer I suppose if your from the same area as something you tend to get similar traits. For Example humans

I still cant see how its even remotely possible to confuse them, terrors and acaras are easy confused if your a newbie, but a brasilie and a gold saum? Even an untrained eye can tell them apart from 10 foot away.