ashimus

bioballs and ceramic beads or not

ok so i have 2 x 1200Lph internals running my 6x2x2 while i save up for an fx-5 one filter i have modified to be a big sponge filter so it sucks the water thru the sponge and blows it out the top therefore sucking the poo and what not into the sponge.

the unmodified filter has 2 chambers with the carbon sort of wool(its a beach to clean because of the grouves) so i was wondering if i stuck bioballs in 1 chamber of it and ceramic beads in the other would that keep my tank healthier(although its not actually filtering its keeping the good bacteria in there and alive)

would it work or not?

i couldnt find the sort of thing im explaining on google :(

thanks in advance

not sure what you mean, but for what it's worth, I dont use mechanical filtration whatsoever so theres no reason why your filter wont work, just may have more particles in the water column.

Dont worry about the bioballs as the ceramic noodles hold more bacteria plus you won't have much room in the small internal filters anyway, so price won't be much different. How long til you get your FX5? If it's not too long then I wouldn't worry to much about it, if it's a fair way away then I'd be looking on here for a cheap external Cannister (more media will help better). Also bio bacteria will take atleast 1 month to astablish properly in new media, so only sparingly feed and keep a close eye on your parameter ;)

its hard to explain what i mean exactly but we have a aqua one 750 pro external cannister i could use anyway but i like to leave some food on the floor of the tnak for my pleco

fx-5 about a month ? the two internals i have have been running the tank since i set it up

140.jpg

thats what im running but that has one chamber(bottom part) mine has 2 so im thinking bioballs in one chamber and ceramic beads in the other) and my modified filter is a big A$$ sponge which takes up ALOT of the excess waste

so not entirely sure i need to run the aqua one 750 pro external cannister but thats were the media(bioballs and ceramic rings) would be coming from contemplating wether i want a 3rd powerpoint for my filtration as it already has the two internals. was just thinking bioballs would make the tank healthier