Sign in to follow this  
nickm86

Egg tumblers

Hello all, after doing some searching in this forum i have found nothing on egg tumblers....

I have tried to create a few different styles and all have failed :(

What does everyone else do?

Does anyone have some designs? pics? ideas?

anything would be great :)

cheers Nick

woocoo :) now i have tried one of these but my problem is - what do i put it into? i currently have one in an ice cream container with holes punched in it and an airstone only problem is that the eggs dont tumble properly ill attatch a pic for you, i have tried using styrofoam to help it float but failed hence the wire supports

also thanks to everyone else i might get one of them professional ones and use it for some ideas ;) but please if anyone has more ideas please post :)

pic will be in my next post inabout 10min :P

:)

heres a pic of my egg tumbler, has about 90 - 100 pepp fry in a day after hatching, lost about 5- 10 eggs to fungus but was a big batch, easy to remove bad eggs just remove bottom portion containg eggs , remove fungus eggs and just push container with eggs back into pipe.

index_001-1.jpg

wow nice jimbozed - it gives me a few ideas

just 2 questions though:

Why is the water is the buckets blue?

What stops your air stones from moving around?

thanks

Nick

PS i have also ordered one of those egg tumblers from that pleco site :) still interested in home ideas though

Hi Nick,

Hope you've had success with your tumbling.

I have for years simply used the same strainer as you have.. only I don't use the icecream bucket.

I simply put a big fishnet with a rock in the bottom, under the strainer. (To avoid the eggs being sucked thru the strainer.)

I sit it over an airfilter in a discus tank or like, add a couple of drops of Methalene Blue (which is to stop the eggs going fungi)

and that's it.

(Don't use Meth Blue accordiing to the instructions for tumbling eggs, just a few drops will suffice)

I have tumbed many many different types of eggs in this very crude/cheap/simple method. (Orange Spot bn eggs, E'Yellow eggs, Corydoras eggs, etc etc etc..

Never fails for me. I'm doing it right now.

In the ONE strainer I actually had electric yellow eggs, Bristlenose eggs that were kicked out & Corydoras eggs ;)

All have just now been released into their own tanks with total success. :egrin:

Jaynee :flower:

Sign in to follow this