Craigo

Transporting Tankbuster? Suggestions?

Evening all. I am moving a large fish on the weekend & I am looking for suggestions &/or ideas on transporting this badboy.

Fish is just shy of 50cm. Trip home is 2.5hrs.

My plan is to use a large esky, just your run of the mill blue largish esky, with hole drilled in lid & battery powered air pump running. will 3/4 fill with tank water, treat with prime, lid will be tapped or tied shut incase of jumping & be on our way.

Is there any thing that I have overlooked, it seems a bit simple so far... Any ideas on a better way of transporting or how I could improve?

Any suggestions are really welcomed, as this fish CANNOT cark it, or I will be living i the dog house FOREVER!!

Thanks guys.

Used a big black tubs from Bunnings, put it in the boot of the Toyota Prado since it fit perfectly and fish was fine

I think it was close to 4x2x18

It was a 70cm Arowana, cops pulled us over to check it out too since we were driving a little slow

Another tip I've used for esky fish... line the esky with a big rubbish bin liner prior to adding the water. You can fill it quite close to esky capacity, then twist the top shut (run your airline through the twist) and secure with rubber band or piece of string. The bag helps to reduce slopping around of the water surface. Together with the esky lid, this practice should keep things relatively stable for your big fishy friend :)

Good luck with the move.

a fish that size i wouldn't feed for three days before hand but yeah, as everyone else has said, just make sure you've got lots of powered air on hand - most of the battery powered air pumps available are cheap Chinese crap and don't last long so definitely good to have a spare.