flipingout

stingray will not eat..now having to force feed scary

Does anyone have a blue spot stingray? i have had him 4 days

have given him white bait, live beach worms, yabbies and mussels

he just will not eat :roll: lucky for him hes so cute. :evil:

can anyone help?

thanks nikki

UPDATE; Apparently if they do not eat after arrival it is best to use a dropper filled with mashed shellfish hold them and squirt it in to there little mouths.

This will hopfully give him a taste for food again the same technique is used for eels that will not eat. :roll:

I would rather let him go but he come from bali we do not get the blue spotted ribbon tail ones here .

So now twice a day i have to catch him try and hold his little tail down with a net :? hold his nose and squirt food in his mouth.

I have dunn this twice so far it is a little scary he can swing that tail like a stock wip.

I hope it works becouse i have become a little attached to him :cry:

nikki

just a note you should never let captured species go in the wild.

1. they are probably not native to your area

2. They can have all sorts of diseases from your tank that will end u in the natural habitat and be catastrophic

3. hmmm thats all i can think of now.

Does anyone have a blue spot stingray? i have had him 4 days

have given him white bait, live beach worms, yabbies and mussels

he just will not eat :roll: lucky for him hes so cute. :evil:

can anyone help?

thanks nikki

UPDATE; Apparently if they do not eat after arrival it is best to use a dropper filled with mashed shellfish hold them and squirt it in to there little mouths.

This will hopfully give him a taste for food again the same technique is used for eels that will not eat. :roll:

I would rather let him go but he come from bali we do not get the blue spotted ribbon tail ones here .

So now twice a day i have to catch him try and hold his little tail down with a net :? hold his nose and squirt food in his mouth.

I have dunn this twice so far it is a little scary he can swing that tail like a stock wip.

I hope it works becouse i have become a little attached to him :cry:

nikki

If you dont want him you are best to take him back to a shop.

Also try finding advise on http://www.masa.asn.au/phpBB2/index.php

I find many qualified people posting there.