nicko1997

Help yoyo loach sick?

my yoyo loach has been sitting on the gravel for about 3 days now and the only way he movers around it looks like he drags himself around on the gravel and the occasional jump but doesent get fully og the gravel and he has rapid gill movement i have had him for 4 months and the tank is 1 and a half years old all my other fish are fine including my discus pl z help

I lost 2 yoyos the other day in my 2ft tank, both displaying the same symptoms as yours, all the other fish were fine.

kinda put it down to the sudden drop in temperature/heater not quite keeping up overnight and the loaches being a little more susceptible to temp changes.

same deal though, my temps were saying approx 27ish but that was during the day.

I have 3 yoyo's, my temp sits at about 28.5ish give or take. In all honesty i dont know what would be wrong, alot of loaches have rapid gill movement, as do they hang at the bottom, so unless theres maybe color change or they wont eat, i dont know what it is=S Just keep in mind they are bottom feeders and rarely will you see them swimming around the middle/top of the tank...