bellzyoner

new kid would love advice

i have a 6x2x2 with a saratoga(20cm) would love to know what else i can put in its tank? i would love something colourful and some clown loaches :D any suggestions?

and my brother has a discus display tank what could he have in it as a cleanup crew?

thank you so much for helping :D

as far as i know mate clown loaches would probably be fine with the toga as long as they had a bit of size on them

im sure some other members will know other good tankmates for a toga

as for the discus tank L number plecos, bristlenose or whiptails would all make a great clean up crew :)

you can find them in the live stock part all the time

does your oscar hurt your saratoga? and i think discus might be too fragile for severums because discus are soft and thin while severums are larger and beefier but im sure if you had dosile fish in a large tank it would look amazing :D

As for a cleanup crew, buy a magnetic cleaner and a gravel syphon. Discus' are pansy's, you cant keep cool fish with them. That said im a big fan of my americans, so cant help you much on the discus side of things.

As for tankmates with your toga, big americans! Maybe a barra? Clown and yoyo loaches, bn... Togas hang at the top of the tank so youd be safe with decent sized bottom feeders

Matrix in one tray, micromec in the middle tray, ceramic noodles and 100mL bag of purigen in the top tray. Russ at redlands pet center will do all that for ridiculously cheap, just say your a qldaf member.

If you want a cheaper fx5, age of aquariums beats prices by 10%,

Fluval FX5 Canister Filter

so link that to AoA and they beat it by 10%, ends up working out to be around 390ish... Cheapest you'll find it new.

Corbii i would suggest to mix the ceramic noodles with the Matrix/Micromec so there are larger wholes for the water to flow better and yes the purigen bag on the top :) and u got a kick ass filter ;)

i decided on tankmates and got a few over the weekend! all are about 10cm atm but theres a 5cm 2 gold sevs at 10cm 1 at 5 2 greens at 10 a pearl at 5 and a teeny tiny oscar at 8cm(red) best mate is selling me his 8cm goldspot next weekend for 10$ and im looking into a 10cm barra and a texas! all to go with my toga golds are more viscious then the greens at the moment greens are learning whos boss

and fed on bloodworm bricks and hikari massivore ? people at petbarn lawnton said there the best foods so i got the fish from all over and the worms from petbarn and food from stafford :D

Edited by bellzyoner
added food

I'll swap you a 35cm sailfin pleco for your bigger gold sev ;) I'll even do the drop off to yours=D

Oh and if your gonna get americans, head over to redlands pet center, grab a bag of Hikari massivore delight. $35 bucks, you wont find it cheaper. Every fish in my tank loves it, americans, loaches, plecos. If your keen to swap i'll even get a little container and put some massivore, carnivore and cichlid gold in there for you;) hahaha

Edited by corbiii