normally do the run down the coast to get water for my tank but am having troubles with hair algae. so 1 is anyone else have problems with the quality of water they're collecting and 2 what Reverse Osmosis kits are people running. i've just looked on ebay and found so 3 stage filters for 70-90 bucks. any opinions welcomed, want to get this in check before i add corals to the tank.

I get my water delivered by 'Clear Oceans'. He collects from the goldy and I've never had any serious issues with hair algae... Had the teeny tiniest amount a week or so back but 'popcorn' the yellow tang quickly sorted that out :) I've never used anything but real ocean water so can't help you on the RO side.. Just don't use tap water!! Although I'm certain you know that already :)

yeah i collect from the gold coast as well, but was unsure since the floods and my collection spot what the water was like. but since your water test kit its probably all good. just need something to top up with.

I get my water delivered by 'Clear Oceans'.I've never used anything but real ocean water so can't help you on the RO side.. Just don't use tap water!! Although I'm certain you know that already :)

I also get my water from clear oceans aswell but when you say you've never used anything but real ocean water what do you use to top up evaporation as only fresh water is evaporated so the salt content will remain the same if you top up with salt water your silenity will rise and keep on rising as you add more salt water that's the reason for ro water

Edited by hoppa1979