we went to smiths a couple days ago and their stock amount is huge, i got to see a couple species i'd been looking into buying, i still left empty handed as my tanks aren't ready, but they at least had them,

also think redlands pet center is great,

I live 5 mins from redlands pet store. But prefer smiths hands down. I like Redlands they are good and helpful, but on the whole smiths blow them out of the water. But remember we are comparing a pet store to a dedicated aquarium/fish trader. Also pet city in mt gravatt is very good. And the stafford one is good sometimes.

Smith's can't be beaten when it comes to variety and advice. I'm amazed to see some members that think the staff are "ignorant". If the staff can't answer a question, then Mark can..........if you have "approachable" problems, then I suggest that it may be down to your approach, as opposed to mark and his staff. Redland pets, unequalled for prices and "accomodation" but to suggest that livestock rivals Smith's, beggars belief! Perhaps axe grinding has a place here? tell it like it is folks..........it's the only way, as a consumer, that you will get a true picture/deal.............Redland pets for unparalled deals, Smith's for variety and knowledge.

kev

And the stafford one is good sometimes.

Nooo way kimosabe. Everytime i walk in there theres at least 2 dead fish within the tanks, 3 or 4 with hacked up fins, horrible impolite staff. bleh...

Well thats pet superstore, i havent really had dealing with aquarama if thats what your referring too. All aquarama's tanks seem quite overstocked though. Poor fishies

Guest TheHungarian

all LFS are crap the best one is this forum, you might have to wait a little for some fish but cant beat it for price

all LFS are crap the best one is this forum, you might have to wait a little for some fish but cant beat it for price

Bit of a sweeping statement.

What do you do when you want some drygoods urgently?

Where do you sell your juvies when you cant sell them on the forum?

LFS bashing is not good. We all need them at some stage.

Bellz, yes Bill Smith is a top bloke but so is Mark. Very helpful and a gentleman.And they both have heaps of fish knowledge.

being that mark "apprenticed" under bill smith and then bought the store stands him in good stead with me. the guy is a wealth of knowledge and stock on hand is incredibly good. i have dealt with mark mary times but honestly much less with his staff. not to say i have anything against them and im sure they are helpfull its just i respect marks knowledge base and prefer to converse with him. never seen any arrogance or ignorance etc from anyone on the staff. if anyones looking for smithy cause he is preferred he is at city farmers mitchelton HTH ;)

Yea the city farmers got bill, gary and butters.

they are big hitters those guys, not much they dont know.

Its good to work with bosses like them, learns ya good.

Working under a wildcard at the moment, she hit our brissy fish world out of no where.

Smart cookie too, given me a new perspective on a lot of things I previously thought were set in stone.

Smith's can't be beaten when it comes to variety and advice. I'm amazed to see some members that think the staff are "ignorant". If the staff can't answer a question, then Mark can..........if you have "approachable" problems, then I suggest that it may be down to your approach, as opposed to mark and his staff. Redland pets, unequalled for prices and "accomodation" but to suggest that livestock rivals Smith's, beggars belief! Perhaps axe grinding has a place here? tell it like it is folks..........it's the only way, as a consumer, that you will get a true picture/deal.............Redland pets for unparalled deals, Smith's for variety and knowledge

kev

couldnt agree more.

when i brought my rostratus the other week, i knew nothing about them at all cept that they were africans

Mark and his staff were kind enough to explain the basics with them and give me some hints on keeping them.

Everytime ive been there ive always been greated and looked after within a few seconds of walking in the door.

Top customer service +awesome quality fish + good variety = awesome store....

Cav

couldnt agree more.

when i brought my rostratus the other week, i knew nothing about them at all cept that they were africans

Mark and his staff were kind enough to explain the basics with them and give me some hints on keeping them.

Everytime ive been there ive always been greated and looked after within a few seconds of walking in the door.

Top customer service +awesome quality fish + good variety = awesome store....

Cav

Yep. Too True!

After more than 18 months of waiting for 'em to grow and show colour, and 4 different stores selling me so-called "supergreen" texas, I finally sourced some from Smiths..........true carpintis escondido, not the ones from previous stores that finally grew to be nothing more than hybrids or herichthys cyanoguttatus.

Yeah annerlys great, went there yesterday for the first time. Nice displays. Some things are a bit expensive, but others are better than anywhere ive seen. Picked up a pair of rams, there were at least 12 rams in the tank, 8 of which looked to have paired=D

My fav would be Pet City, lots of stock and equipment to choose from, staff are helpfull. When i was in a few months ago Cameron even remembered the exact tank i bought through him 10yrs ago which was impressive. Donny you will have to pass that on to him as i didnt relise till later how good a memory that takes :) (tell him its the girl who originally bought a aqua one 90l as her first tank which started me in the hobby and now has a juwel and was bugging him about the lights today :) ).

Smiths is great, fantastic healthy stock, Mark is always good to get advice from.

Exotic Fish Connections, friendly guys who always will give you a good deal, glad they are getting back on their feet.