Hi everyone,

Got an issue with my common plec. Went to do a water change last week and loticed a huge lump behind the gill of my plec. Almost looks like a tumor.

I did a 1/4 water change (500 lt tank) and put a little more salt in it then usual.

By the next morning the swelling had gone down and looked heaps better.

Kept an eye on him all week, got home from work today and it has blown up again.

Does anyone have any idea what it could be and how to treat it.

He is approx 30cm long

I will be picking up a 3 ft tank tomorrow to house some baby cichlids, should I maybe put him in there and medicate before I put the babies in there. The babies are currently at a friends house so they can wait if need be

IMG_0534.jpg

Any help or adivce would be greatly appreciated as I'm really worried about my fav

Yeah he is still eating and swimming around fine, does favor his other fin a bit but not much. I've done another water change today. Went down after the last one, I'll take a pic if it does go down again. Any idea what it is?

Well I've done a water change over the weekend and this is what the lump looks like now. Did the same thing after my last water change as well. Took about 2 days to right down. Now just keeping an eye on it to see if its starts swelling

IMG_0570.jpg

Really confusing.

Could it be a water quality issue?