Hennessy

F1 Kigoma Fry Dying

There was 11 of them at 3-4cm. One died, and after testing all the most obvious things, all with perfect results (Tamp, PH, Ammonium, Nitrite), I added salt, as I read they need a decent salt level. Plus the dying fish show heavy respiratory problems and sort of hover on the bottom gasping for their last few days. Another is dying now, as I type this he's laying sideways on the gravel hardly moving. Hardly any of them are eating now and they're all breathing fast. Maybe gill parasite? Are these ever visible?

260L 4 ft tank has a 3l/min airstone running, along with one hole from both filters spray bar above the surface - so that should be enough surface agitation I.E. oxygen. The water and filters (1200lph internal and 1500lph canister level with tank) have been running with fish and without problem for over a year. Ever since I got the Kigoma's I do daily 10L water changes.

Does anyone have any Test, Diagnosis AND/OR treatment suggestions?

Yes.... A cheaper version at first but yesterday I added some prime.... with a water change....

I Recently got a piece of DW from Crusoe Island (Jumpinpin) and although I hit it with the gerny, I didn't chlorinate it - could I have introduced some Marine parasite doing this?

Ok guys I'll remove the wood now. and see if any improvement. But if its a bug/parasite I guess it'll be too late. I lost another one yesterday. Could the water being not hard enough have caused this? Is it true that I can add some BiCarb to harden?

They're all dead now.... one by one.... Its not anything chemical I don't think. Ive run $150 worth of test kit through it, all levels are perfect except my PH sits at 8.2 which is a bit lower than desired but I need to keep my L202's in there for now too. I think I just worked out that the salt given me to add to the tank was normal edible sea salt (Bright white rocks) and not aquarium marine salt? Could that have done it or is it more likely the un-chlorinated ocean driftwood that I added? I did both around the same time, just before they started dying.