Hey all,

Just wondering what ways people transport fish. I usually just grab the bucket and off i go, but it splashes and all that. Tried a 35L storage container and the waters too heavy and splashes around still.

Does anyone have a good system of like a bucket with a lid, maybe running a portable air pump? or any other kind of system?

Chuck up piccies if you have a "different" to the normal setup going for your fishy transportation.

when i transport fish in buckets, usually run the air pump with a long air hose so you cant hear it, then just tape the lid...

Hey all,

Does anyone have a good system of like a bucket with a lid, maybe running a portable air pump?

Think ya just answered ya own question mate, thats what I do, dun know any other better way.

Brendan

we have used the portable airpump, just drill a hole in the lid to feed the airline through and tape airpump to lid,

also lined the bucket with a bag,

when we drove my fish from mackay to brissy, we bought 50/60 ltr drums, with screw on lids, we did the same thing, hole in lid and taped pump to lid, but carried extra batterys and tape just in case, we did lose 2 lg red empress males, but that was from the water getting a little to hot,

Ah kay. Yeah my main thing was waterproofing the bucket. Like whether foam or rubber has been used in some way or another. I need to get a proper set up going rather than the first bucket i can find every time i grab a fish.

Just go to bunnings and get a bucket like a rockcoat bucket from bunnings with a lid - they are about $10 and about $6 for the smaller one. If you want air cut a small hole in the lid and put in a air stone.....

i have a old esky i turned into for transporting fish - made a whole up the top... so the portable air pump could fit...

works great =D!

I cant tie a bag for the life of me... I got access to approx 4L buckets with lids that are pretty water tight, and at the top is one of them things like you get in your wet wipe tubes that u pull the wipes through, so the air line goes in real easy and pretty much doesnt spill... These are perfect for moving a few africans or tropicals... If I am moving larger fish I use bout a 20L bucket if fish is up to say 25cm... If they are larger I get something like a 50L container from bunnings with a lid and put about 20-30L in it... still well and truely light enough to carry on my own... and still using a battery air pump....

On another note, I am working on a solar rechargeable battery air pump.... just leave it in a sunny spot and its always got charge!!!

mate 1st thing is get a bucket clean it and then clean it again...let it dry and leave it a week. also make sure you have a lid and do the same... then put the lid tightly on the bucket and with a big black felt pen write FISH on it everywhere...and never ever use it for anything else...

you can buy a battery operated air pump and attach it to the lid of you bucket...drill a small hole in the lid for the air hose and put it away only to be used for fish transport...very cheap and fool proof

The last time I just grabbed any bucket, I killed a nice gold spot pleco :(