dylan1

Fish buying withdrawals

Me and my girl are saving for a house so I have decided that I will only spend money that I make from selling fish/equipment on buying new fish/equipment.

What a pain in the arse....

everyone is selling heaps of cool stuff and I've never been good at saving especially when it takes so long to sell everything to buy more stuff.

I'm a real estate agent so when I sell my next house I'm totally gonna use a sneaky grand or so to improve all my setups :P Dont tell the boss...

Show me some love all the brothers out there that are on a fish budget!

me and the missus have had that understanding for sometime. any money spent on my fish is money made on my fish. when i sell fry i buy pellets and other foodstuffs as well as meds etc and pay the power bills. i have no job to speak of (yet, stay home dad till e.o.f.y) so using money earned on fish is a no no as i have no income to do it or allowance to speak of. i think its a fair call as the missus is currently the bread winner and fish keeping is not her hobby. i do the same thing with the occasional car. strip it for parts and use the profits to buy what parts i need for my torries. i kinda like it as it gets the old grey matter working. i need to find a couple hunj for pellets in the next few days so its lucky that i have synspilum,fh,white suam riv and fene fry at the moment :)

i'm lucky in that my wife loves the fish as much as me, but we will be the same after we finish setting up, only spend what we make, but for now we are spending lots more then we sell, but that will stop soon, i'm also lucky as i have been selling my reptiles and using that money to set up the fish,

but its still hard seeing all the good deals on fish at the moment knowing you can't get many until after our new tanks arrive, then there will be the plumbing, the sump, sump medium, sump pump, and then more fish, :),

yea I am scaling back.

but more selling bulk

and then using that money to finance smaller 'but what I want' fish stuff

pretty happy with what I have now though

good feeling when the fish you want are the fry you are raising

they may not be everyones cup of tea

but they are mine

:)

Dirty07 and I are in the middle of refinancing for home renos n sorting ouy loans savings and bank axcounts. We are both addicted to fish n have been on rediculous spending sprees for fish. Dirty even convinced me it was a great idea to use some of the money we were ahead on the homr loan to buy f1 frontosa colonies. Sheesh i knew we had probs after that.

Our answer to the prob .... we both get an allowance each week as part of the budget $50-$75 a week n get to spend that on whatever we like.....and well thats usually fish.

Last wkend i had to pull outa a sale coz my troical tank had whitespot. Grrrrr. Oh well just spent my allowance on other shit insyead.

You guys are lucky you get to spend what you sell on fish stuff.. When I sold up all my breeding setups n fish, I had to give up 2K to move house, then there was this, then there was that... Now my 6ft setup has a crappy light (not the 6ft with 8x 3' T5 bulbs that was on the cards....) n no hood :( I did however buy myself a new welder and did get my new setup :) Just waiting til tax time :egrin: :egrin: Apparently "Promissed" enough money to finish my setup.......... We will see...

Edited by Merkinater

the pleasures of being 17 and living at home for the next 3 months im gonna go 300wk(for every fulltime week at work) to my fish funds! thatll shut me up about F i need a new heater F that filters awesome i want it which will in turn shut up the boss lady! woman trys to restrict me to 2 tanks(6ft and a 3ft i told her i need 2 more a 4x2x2 amd a 8x3x2H she reckns i dont need em crazy woman