nativecollector

Sick of coming home to dead albino LF BN!

Came home to a dead pair of albino LF bn... not happy. Fish looked in perfect condition (but dead), tanks mates are happy, water is fine.

This is on top of losing 2 other pairs recently. They were purchased at the start of the year from a wellish known member on the forum (nobody who has sold LF's recently).

It's the last time I'll accept fish that are pre-bagged and not up to standard/quality that other members produce. They were very pale fish, probably didn't stand a chance - a waste of 200 big ones.

Lesson learnt.

ouch

sorry to hear it, pale albinos are ime always a lost cause - can take awhile but they've always died on me :( sell your commons, stick to the marbles ;)

Yeah marbles are breeding like rabbits, just need to perfect raising the fry, I seem to lose a few. Commons LF are also pretty reliable egg layers, but my first batch is not quite size yet.

Try and hybrid Longfin pepps;) Should be easy if you have 20 or so years to play with=P

... and a lot of money and a uni degree in something-to-do-with-genetics ;) Hard enough getting the normal peps to breed, lazy sods. Have to wait until it warms up again I suppose.

You bought these at the start of the year and they only just died recently so how is this the fault of the breeder?

By recently, I mean in the last 2 months (the other deaths), not that it matters when out of a largish colony, the 6 fish (3 pairs) bought at the start of the year are the only ones to die. I didn't blame the breeder, rather myself, for not checking the fish (which were no doubt, poor quality).

Theoretically it wouldnt be that hard. Just take alot of time and alot of luck. All you'd need is the pep gene to be dominant in the longfin, hope that particular one is a male, grow it up to a full size male, breed it with another pep female, and do it all over again

piece of cake :) Bahahahahaha

You bought these at the start of the year and they only just died recently so how is this the fault of the breeder?

I'll back nativecollector on this. Ive seen his breeding set up, as well as most of his fish. His setup is almost flawless, waters crystal clear, always fry in at least one of them, some of the fattest females ive seen. I doubt its his fault. It would be a genetic fault in the pairs.

sorry to go off topic but i was told that sum one on here had/has long fin peppermints.... has anyone seen the fish or pics

3 or 4 years ago there was a big con with the long fin peppermints alot of money was funded and no fish in return

back to topic

sorry for your loss stick to the marbled very nice looking catfish