kikrman

Best food for discus / How to deal with aggression

Hey I was just wondering what other people think is the best dry food to get discus onto. At the moment they are eating hikari foodsticks and hikari carnivore pellets. I want to try either of these but i'm not sure what would be better out of sera discus granuals or hikari discus bio gold? I have one discus that is a little bit bigger then the rest that has an attitude problem. It hasnt done any damage to their fins but it's constantly chasing them around the tank. Is there anything i can do to stop this? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Luke

i dont own discus, but i have angels, sevs, and other SA cichlids that require a similar diet.

i feed my fellas a mix of sera vipagran, flora flakes and discus granuales, hikari cichlid gold and microwafers, and HBH supersoft spirulina, thats just the dry foods i feed them, also get bloodworms, live blackworms and live brines shrimp so my guys get pretty spoilt.

Honestly the best thing for them is a mixed diet, if you vary what they are fed, they will recieve all the nessacary nutrients required in their diet whereas just one food they may not get them all

HTH

Cav

forgot to mention the best way to reduce aggresion would be to introduce more hiding places or put in something that will break the line of sight (if the fish cant see the fish how can they chase it?), dither fish could work too, so like a school of wide bodied tetras would probably work (just dont use neons or smaller tetras as they may get eaten)

Edited by __CAV__

Hey I was just wondering what other people think is the best dry food to get discus onto. At the moment they are eating hikari foodsticks and hikari carnivore pellets. I want to try either of these but i'm not sure what would be better out of sera discus granuals or hikari discus bio gold? I have one discus that is a little bit bigger then the rest that has an attitude problem. It hasnt done any damage to their fins but it's constantly chasing them around the tank. Is there anything i can do to stop this? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Luke

Sera discus Granules are a good dry food, Varied is best. there will always be a bully in the tank, remove it and another will take it's place. The best way to fix is to add more discus to spread the aggression across more fish(if tank space permits) so it isn't just one fish being picked on. Dither fish may help. I just let them fight it out.

Thanks for the help everyone. I'm trying NLS pre soaked but only the corys and rummy nose are interested atm. I'm feeding this first thing in the morning when they are all hungry, hopefully they'll get the idea soon enough. I'll buy some sera discus granules over the weekend to mix it up abit.

Cheers,

Luke