G'day everyone.

I have been using my hospital tank to grow algae and put the odd batch of royals and alf bn fry in to get started.

I was just doin a water change and noticed some tiny little bugs running (not swimming) around in the corners. Makes me kinda nervous.

Can anyone tell me what they might be? Are they bad? And how can I KILL the little buggers?

Thanks in advance.

Jono

No native collector they are definantly not the things in that link but thanks for trying to help:-)

Hi regani. I tried to take a pic but they are about the size and shape of a flea. Maybe a bit smaller. And unfortunantly the royals(about 10mm long) are to lazy to eat algae if they are sitting on it. Far to lazy to chase food;-).

I am using rain water so I'm looking into that for a potential source.

Thanks everyone:-) I was told what they were last night but I already forgot :-/

Apparently they are harmless and wont last long.

Thanks for all the help.

Cheers

Joni

if they are so so tiny, about the size of a pin point then its seed shrimp .... mostly harmless and fish eat them .. if you really wanna get rid of them throw in a couple gouramis, theyll eat em up in no time ...

the other one to watch out for is the sea enemy like thing that sticks to the glass ( or a peice of gravel ) and has a head of tenticles on it, they will sting baby bristlenose and kill them so be careful. i forgot the name for this one tho .... gouramis will also take care of this pest. this pest is VERY small as well in size.

water fleas or daphnia are harmless and a good food source for fish that can catch them. daphnia will eat infusoria though.

hydra can get over 1cm and will sting and eat small fry