Afternoon everyone :)

Just been doing my water changes and now i have a question.....which may be quite a stupid one.....but im sure someone will help me anyways :P

So.......if your tanks water level is pretty high......does it matter at all to the tanks ability to hold it all?......like just because i like my tanks pretty full, doesnt mean that its going to break because there's more water in there than there should be?

Oh and i am aware a full tank makes it nice n easy for fish to jump out lol....but i've got the tops covered etc :D

ta <3

Hey Relle,

No, an extra inch or so will not matter at all as long as your glass thickness is adequate.

If youve bought your tank new from a reputable dealer Im sure all will be fine.

How high is your tank?? and what is the glass thickness??

just a note - I fill mine right to the top, I like the look of it.

As long as you leave an air gap of a centimetre or so under the top glass for oxygen exchange you should be fine.

The only tanks I've ever heard about breaking have come from: tanks not being perfectly level; people dropping heavy rocks/ornaments in them; people using wave makers in tanks that aren't built for them (pushing the end plates out).

oh good :).....thanks guys.....ive got a good inch before the top of the tank so i should be all good.

Both my tanks are 4 x 2 x 2's and the people who built it are suppliers to all the reputable aquarium shops down here so i guess im all good

as for glass thickness.....i dunno :$ and i dont have a ruler lol