the cichlid kid

Where are the best Aquariums?

G'day guys,

This weekend or the next one, I am planning on doing a mission to some aquariums in my local area.

I am in the Springfield area and am wanting to know what aquariums are worth visiting in my area.

I wouldn't be keen to travel any more than 30 mins in any direction but anything within that range would be awesome. (for eg. Ipswich area)

I know about Gators at Redbank Plains, Paul's at Oxley, Aquarium beyond at Darra and Exotic Fish Connections at Rocklea (which from my understanding is not a going concern since the floods) .

I have been out of the game for a while, so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Beau.

Yeah exotic is almost back up and running. Pretty good prices considering. You should go check em out and buy stuff to help em get back on their feet. Poor buggers went through hell to get that shop back to where it is now.

Maybe try pet city, annerly aquariums, city farmers(not sure where they are on the southside)... Ermmm yeah i dunno. If your gonna bother, make a day of it, head over to the northside. Theres some good shops this side of town...

Exotic Fish Connections is the best! great healthy fish and good deals. Ray and Kev are great, they have excellent knowledge and always good for a laugh.

City Farmers at Mitchelton are good, Bill and Jeanine are very helpful. The Underwood store is ok too. Wasn't very impressed at the Browns Plains store the last time I was in there (2wks ago), dead fish in tanks and a tank of dwarf cichlids very very sick/dying, with fungal growths all over them. I wont be back they in a hurry, thats for sure.