bidkev

As Promised - Red Line Torpedo Barb

I saw you and craigo raving on about these guys a while ago, and I thought "ha, yeh whatever, just another fish" :lol: :lol: :lol:

wow!

I didnt imagine them to look like this.

its as if someones just touched them with a red paintbrush.

and the yellow spots on the tail.

amazing.

good job photographing them too. that woulda been a tough job.

I saw you and craigo raving on about these guys a while ago, and I thought "ha, yeh whatever, just another fish" :lol: :lol: :lol:

wow!

I didnt imagine them to look like this.

its as if someones just touched them with a red paintbrush.

and the yellow spots on the tail.

amazing.

good job photographing them too. that woulda been a tough job.

Yeah, thanks mate. I had the flash synchronised at 250th sec and even that didn't freeze 'em.

They're only about 6cms so aren't fully coloured yet.............they reach 15cms

kev

wow they are stunning!

do they always reach the 15cm mark?.....for some reason i assumed, not backed up by any knowledge mind you lol....that theyd be a small fish

lovely lovely pics <3

Yes Relle, I've seen some at that size although they were wild caught and shipped at that size. Being constantly on the move and therfore burning fishy calories I would think that they'd have to be well fed to reach that size in captivity.

kev

very nice kev.

i envy your son and his fish collection :D

did they end up going in with the discus?

Cav

Ye s they did cav. I was a bit apprehensive about their activity but the discus are in a heavy traffic area and don't seem disturbed by 'em at all.

kev

hey mate they are very nice.. have they breed yet and are u selling any very interested

No. I lost them all over a period of time. Water parameters were fine and I'm guessing that they popped their clogs because they don't take to high temps very well. They were in with a discus community with the temp set at 80. All other fish were fine