kasman

Non aquarium - couple of wildlife pics.

Went for a ride on the bike early this morning as I had a day off.

Ended up at Mt Mee state forest and got to spend some time with the camera.

I was lucky enough to have some kookaburras hang around so I thought Id share some photos.

attachment.php?attachmentid=10399&stc=1&d=1305879717

attachment.php?attachmentid=10400&stc=1&d=1305879788

EOS350D and 50mm f1.8

out of date camera and cheap as chips lens but still got no need to upgrade :). I try and get the best out of what Iv got.

got within 1m of those kookaburras. I owe em one I think.

EOS350D and 50mm f1.8

out of date camera and cheap as chips lens but still got no need to upgrade :). I try and get the best out of what Iv got.

got within 1m of those kookaburras. I owe em one I think.

Yep u owe them one alright! I do a bit of bird photography and woulndnt even think of using a 50mm for it. Youve done well to get so close. Nice shots btw :)

haha, yeh I know, 50mm is just silly for serious bird photography.

maybe I was being cocky and lied about not wanting to upgrade lol.

Id be keen to see some of your bird photogrpahy. Feel free to post some in a new thread if you want :)

I think this is a true reflection of what a 50mm can do.

An Azure Kingfisher that was in my yard last year!!

attachment.php?attachmentid=10442&stc=1&d=1305969780

Nice one mate. Next time, if you can get that close again, pop your flash up as well............it puts a nice little catchlight in their eyes. Like so.....

Picture208.jpg

Those 50mm lenses are as sharp and as cheap as chips eh? I love 'em.

kev

haha, yeh I know, 50mm is just silly for serious bird photography.

maybe I was being cocky and lied about not wanting to upgrade lol.

Id be keen to see some of your bird photogrpahy. Feel free to post some in a new thread if you want :)

I think this is a true reflection of what a 50mm can do.

An Azure Kingfisher that was in my yard last year!!

Thats more whet id expect from a 50mm although sometimes i still cant get any better than that with 300mm.

BTW looks like a sacred kingfisher to me.

Nice one mate. Next time, if you can get that close again, pop your flash up as well............it puts a nice little catchlight in their eyes. Like so.....

Those 50mm lenses are as sharp and as cheap as chips eh? I love 'em.

kev

ta mate. I still forget I have a built in flash on my camera hey. Im just used to it being crap 99% of the time I forget it does have its uses.

Only just started using it for fish shots which I seem to be getting good results with.

Agreed, you cant beat the 50mm. About a year ago I started getting an "Error 99" or something with it. Tried everything to fix it and nothing would work. I was about to ditch it when one day I thought "what the heck, I'll just give it a bang". So I gave it a good crack on the side of my knee and as they say "vuala". Fixed. :lol:

That error 99 used to come up on my 350 as well. Something to do with a non-compatible lens but everything I read stated that the lens was compatible (a sigma). In the end I had to ditch the lens.

kev