Hey Guys

I just stocked my 4 x 2 x 2 with sand rocks and a lump of wood. In there i have

2 x Geophagus Araguaia's 13-14cm

5 x Geophagus Araguaia's 4cm

5 x Geophagus Braziliansis 4-6cm

5 x Firemouths 4cm

1 x Gold Saum 11cm

But the thing still looks empty!

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what else i could put in there that looks nice and will also play nice with the others?

At the moment everything gets along nicely.

Thanks

Luke

was thinking something a little larger arent they small fish? lol also hard to base an idea of what a fish is like by only one of the breed lol coz they all look different and behave different lol but u have a valid point

Is this a display setup ,if maybe afew more and that will be enough...

Buit if you are wishing the Geos to breed in would have a one species /tank setup...

Just my thoughts anyway...

Thats why i moved on my OH and just keeping the Lecos species....

yer this is my display tank. it just looks so empty thats all, once the smaller geos and firemouths get bigger ill end up getting rid of a few. but just looking for something similar and will get along with them and have nice colour. ps dont mention oscars lol

was thinking something a little larger arent they small fish? lol also hard to base an idea of what a fish is like by only one of the breed lol coz they all look different and behave different lol but u have a valid point

flag tails? no mate they grow pretty big. I have seen 1 about 30cms....Ask Blackraven how big they get

unless you plan on selling the geos when they get bigger ,i'd say your tank is already over stocked,when they do get to adult stage

i agree, it wont take long mate and your tank will stop looking so bare. i'd just wait it out, and then sell the fish you dont want when the time comes.

It should look full dude :) Decorate it some more maybe but no more fish as the geos will grow very quickly as once your fish you have now mature your tank will be overstocked and you will need to get rid of some of them or move them to a bigger tank...

As someone else said emperor tetras are sick! so too penguin tetras. Dont be put off over neons they are just a pain in the ass... :) Just make sure the apisto does not go in here otherwise he will be stressed like no tomorrow :)

Get rid of the other fish and just keep the geo's in there. Put a nice school of tetras for the top water fish, and a nice school of corys for the bottom.

Some nice drift wood and indian almond leaves, ahhhh perfect display tank. Oh and get rid of the brasilies aswell.

Get rid of the other fish and just keep the geo's in there. Put a nice school of tetras for the top water fish, and a nice school of corys for the bottom.

Some nice drift wood and indian almond leaves, ahhhh perfect display tank. Oh and get rid of the brasilies aswell.

WE THINK ALIKE....I LIKE IT!!! :)

Fishchicks has some very cheap and exceptional quality corydoras metae for sale atm....and some nice tetras such as penguins, lemons, kerri, kitty, pristella, emperor tetas in a large school (just the one type) and the one type of geo and your laughing!

And agreed with you WICKKY JNR... indian almond leaves and peat on the bottom...and some nice driftwood structure would set off the tank....keep it tannined or clear water like japes with the use of purigen...

But not everyone thinks like us :(

Yer the apisto is I'n the other tank. He's the biggest fish I'n there lol. He is already starting to calmdown and show more colour than when I first put him I'n. And yes I am planing to get rid of most of each breed once they get bigger. Especially the brazil lololol.

That is awesome news. I kinda regret selling him as he was my favorite apisto and had the best personality ever! I never got to take any good pictures of him also... :(

PS it says your keeping bristlenose. Get rid of them ASAP they are pooing machines and do more harm than good haha!

personally id ditch everything but the araguaias.

that size tank would be perfect for a pair or smallish colony.

get rid of the rocks, throw in some ketapangs, a school of cories and itll look awesome.

but ur definetly gonna have to ditch the brazzies and riv as theyll probably bully the araguaia

Cav

post-355-14711624719574_thumb.jpg

chickadee wat was the hecklii like?

There a nice fish always first at the front for a feed they get to know there owners ,didnt want to sell ,but best to have a all one species tank or a big as tank (Like Wicky)to have a assortment of many.....