240zed

Drilling holes... Best cheapdrill bit

Hey guys,

I'm gonna have a crack at drilling some holes (not sure if that's the best term have a crack)

Has anyone had any experience with these three drill bits or can suggest any other sellers on Ebay?

I know they are the cheap and nasty options but most people have said they've had no problems if it's just a few holes and I'm not going to spent $150 on a pro drill bit may as well get someone to do it for that price...

2pcs 35mm Diamond coated drill bit bits hole saw glass | eBay

35mm Diamond Drill Bit For Glass Tile Aquariums | eBay

35mm Diamond coated drill bit hole saw 3pcs glass core | eBay

Also if anyone has bought a few and had some extras they want to sell let me know.

Of if anyone wants to come gimme a hand I could fix you up cash or beer or what ever let me know.

Probably only need 2-4 drilled at the moment.

Josh

buy the ebay ones cheap as good to go, i have some here (clontarf) if u wanna borrow them, let me know easy as to do, watch a cpl of vids i can tell u how if needed, sorry would help but way to busy at work (stocktake) hmmmm

i will find the link later but my cheapies off ebay cost me like 15 bucks each work well, cut up to a cpl hundred holes no dramas

Edited by raycam01_au
cause i can

I bought a cheap nasty one from Hong Kong. Pretty sure they were $4 or $5 with free postage. Almost too good to be true(which im always very cautious of). But i drilled 5 or 6 holes with no dramas, Im sure the cheaper ones would lose their edge after a few holes. But even 5 holes is good for $5. Its not as hard to do as you think, give it a go.

I'm sure it could have done more, but i lost my drill bits in the floods. Since moving I don't have the space to be setting up any new tanks, so haven't done any more drilling. But I am helping a mate with a tank reno soon. Will be drilling 4 holes with a new cheapy off ebay. Will post pics of the build as we go. Sorry for thread hijack

Yeah gonna give it a go myself...

Anyone share some light if they have used these particular drill bits or ebay sellers before and if so if they were ok or not...

2pcs 35mm Diamond coated drill bit bits hole saw glass | eBay

35mm Diamond Drill Bit For Glass Tile Aquariums | eBay

35mm Diamond coated drill bit hole saw 3pcs glass core | eBay

Seem to vary slightly some have a larger slit at the tip of the bit others just look flimsy but pics don't mean too much from a Hong Kong ebay seller I guess...

Basicall looking to see if anyone got some of any particular seller that worked well..

Josh

Josh,

I got mine from Trade Tools & paid around $30 & it has done about 40 tanks, also got some Hong Kong Ebay ones in a package deal I did and the quality is not there and they came with a standard masonry bits and have never used them to compare them.

Baz