Bully

Re: fighter fish

Hey peeps

I've got 2 double tailed dragons in 2 different tank one is starting 2 get something that looks like shredding on his tail, (what is it and how can I fix it)... He's still swimming around fine.. -Water is about 7ph, temp is at 25deg, ammonia 0ppm, nitrite 0ppm and nitrate is between 20ppm & 30ppm I'd say.. Any help would be great..

Cheers Steven

Yeah been googling all sorts , the only salt stuff I've got is Cichlid lake salt or tanganyika buffer will any of these work??

I've turned the filter off in his tank so not to stress any more anything elee...

I use rock salt, (ie, pool salt, did use aquarium salt for many years and cost many dollars but pool salt or saxa rock salt blue label is the same thing, get saxa for $2.00 for 500gm at coles, or a 10kg of pool salt at wollies for about $5.00).

I have Indian almond leaves with all my fighters. Have a read of this, Using Indian almond leaves in aquariums

I have used methylene blue in the pass with them, it works well but haven't used anything since I got onto almond leaves, now they never get sick, they are happy fat fish!:egrin: