Mirandarin

Help me figure out what this is, PLEASE!

So this has been going on in my tank on and off for the last month, ive lost about 5 fish from it. I started treating it as flukes using Sterazin, seeing it not working, i moved onto some protozin. Still nothing worked, for the hell of it i tried sterazin again, still nothing. Now my biggest blue dolphin has it really bad and has been fighting this whole time with it.

Can someone help me id this so i can treat it right?

If anyone really local (north lakes/mango hill) has a bottle of myxazin that they would sell me please let me know. I cant make it to a pet shop until the weekend, and im getting desperate for the medication. I also can't travel very far to go to someones house eg strathpine. Let me know please.

Here are a few pictures to help figure out what it is.

post-1856-1471162473026_thumb.jpg

post-1856-14711624730456_thumb.jpg

post-1856-14711624730653_thumb.jpg

post-1856-14711624730831_thumb.jpg

what ornaments in there?

I'd try a marine water (1.025 ppm salt) strength bath for 2 minutes, every few days.

either that or the standard 1 tbsp salt per 20L + melafix.

hard to tell from the pictures but looks like wounds

from what is hard to tell

what other fish are in the tank with it?

I dont have any sharp objects in the tank all i have it wood (all smoothed) pots (smooth edges) and some smoothish rocks and sand for the bottom. They share a tank with some peacocks and two 7cm plecs that like ot do their own thing.

I can tell you, they are not wounds, cause more then one fish show similar symptoms and the other died from the same symptoms. They have what seems like white bubbles on its head, which was what to make me think it was a parasite such as flukes

I dont really see the plecs caving, they are usually munching on the wood or under something (i usually see them during the night doing this while the fish are asleep). The fish usually sleep in the corner of the tank or next to things, i rarely see them sleeping in any of the pots.

You can not see body or gill flukes with the naked eye. I believe this fish has hole in the head with probable heximita infection in the holes and probably in some organs. The white lumps are new holes opening up.

There is another product by waterlife call octozin it contains metro apparently.

If you can't get any meds then I would quarantine the fish add 2-4g/L salt and feed Epsom salt soaked food, and keep on top of the water quality.

Ciao

Jeanine