Alibi

Where to find stand and hood plans?

I have finally conned my boyfriend into making me a stand and hood for a 5ft x 2ft x2ft tank and was looking for any build plans i could give him. I have done an internet search but have not found much so far.

Could anyone point me in the direction of some plans, we have looked at stands in the stores for ideas as well.

Thanks heaps

Edit to add the stand will be made from wood not steel.

i found some a while ago through google, i think i looked up " DIY aquarium stand plans" and also looked under google images for it, ile see if i can dig them out from the computer(even if its not to the same size he should be able to get the jist of it if i can find them)

i shall keep you posted, i rang aquariums r us to get a quote for 4 x 3 tier stands to hold 4' x 18''x18'' tanks on each level and got told"we only do single stands now" so im on the hunt for plans to now lol, if you have any luck please let me know

chris

Thanks candsanimals if you could that would be great, and ill let you know if i find one.

Liljohn i did have a bit of a search but there is a hell of a lot to look through lol.

Will keep looking :)

I could prob design something and give you a cutting list of materials needed as well. A bit better than the above post. It really depends what tools you have access to. The more complicated the design a larger range of tools will be required. At minimun i could say a compound saw, decent drill, possibly a router, a good carpenters square, a good tape measure and lots of patience. Let me know what you are looking for in a stand and ill see what i can come up with. Check out my threads for my xurrent build.

Thanks Brockssracer, the boyfriend is a carpenter is has all the tools to make it, and due to this i would like a nice cabinet not just a stand lol.

DFF thanks for the links, when i googled i only got a few and lots you had to pay for the plan.