240zed

Info on Eheim 2250 can't find details in GOOOOOOOGLE

Anyone have the specs of the old Eheim Classic 2250's L/H all that sort of stuff

I cannot find a thing on the net..

I heard rumours they are only 1000l/h but this can't be right cos the 2217 is 1000l/h but if it is does anyone know how hard it is to rig up a bigger pump to them I think MFK use to have a sticky on it a while back again couldn't find it.

Josh

Why do you want it to run faster? I thought the whole idea of Eheim filters was about quality of the return water not just blasting water? I could be wrong but it won't filter any better just because it runs faster, but I'm no expert.

Cheers Mat

Mat you got it right mate.

Its all about contact time between water and media. Eheims run smaller pumps, thus more contact time with the Nitrifying bacteria inside the cannister.

The water from a mature eheim cannister will be free of ammonia and nitrite.

High flow cannisters are only good for removing solid waste materials.

Yes and no... The original Classic Eheims are gold for a number of reasons... Yes they have smaller pumps with more contact with media but another huge factor was to reduce power consumption... The main benefit is they draw the water right through all the media with inlet on the bottom of the canister.

The 2050 is an outdated model and wouldn't of been replaced if it was a perfect specimen.

1000l/h is quite minimal for a canister with a media capacity of 15L.

The 2217 has a capacity of 6L with the same amount of flow...

The 2250 is an older outdated model. The 2260 replaced it with a capacity of 18L with a max flow rate of 2400l/h and overseas there is a super 2060 called the 2062 which was practically identical but came with taps and again a bigger pump (one would presume the 2060 is run by the 1260 and 2062 by the 1262 universal pumps) it's flow rate from memory is around 3400l/h (probably put out to challenge the pooval FX5)

What's the good of a 15L capacity filter if it only does around 500l/h after flowrate is reduced by media and head height? Seems a big waste of space for 500l/h

Long story short they don't suffer if you boost the flowrate slightly or eheim wouldn't of stopped producing 2050's in the asia region replacing them with the 2060's