brockssracer

not sure what this is and need a diagnosis.

I noticed this on my geo on monday during a water change, as I havent really seen much of them for the past 2 weeks due to working night shift and the lights not being on when im home. I added some salt with the wc and it seemed to go down a lil bit but it doesnt look like it is going. Fish is to me what appears to be healthy water paramaters are good. tank is on rainwater. its eye isnt popped out at all it is like it was looking down when i took the photo

if anyone can identify it so I can get meds to suit.

2011-05-26181847.jpg

2011-05-26181836.jpg

2011-05-26181820.jpg

I tried to get oxy at my lfs and no luck, I have treated the tank with melafix and also thrown in some big L and panacur just incase it is a worm but the other side of the head is now a little worse than in pic 2. the 2 spots there have now joined. the other eye it looks like 3 sorta lil white thins coming out of the flesh, not to sure if this is a worm or how the flesh is being eaten away. Im not to sure what else to do. no other fish are showing any signs of this.

The 2nd pic the spots near the eye on the forehead look like HITH.

Some pet chains & LFS sell Oxy tablets it might be called Tetracycline.

Try to get some metro too.

I would water change and retreat as soon ad you can. I don't think the wormers are going to help.

Edited by tutters187

Yeah that'd be a good idea, if not Metronidazole ask if they have or can get you some Ronidazole or Dimetridazole for the HITH which may have started the problem with the eye.

They might have some better antibiotics too.

Good luck

out of desperation I am trying something unconventional... I just used a microshield product, it is an antibacterial skin wash that we were told to use as my daughter has a skin surface staf infection and this keeps it under control... it has 2% chlorhexidine gluconate and tartrazine.... I just clean the sore spots with a cotton bud, so hopefully this will help kill it if it is bacterial.