Bogan8r

Mr Apista has gone to fishy heaven

awww sorry for your fishy loss :(

it does suck when we lose our pets i guess we just have to always make sure they have a nice existence when theyre with us so when we lose them we know they had a good life :)

sorry for your loss, mate

unfortunately it's the worst part of having a pet :(

totally agree-there are good suprises:) and some bad suprises:(... somtimes it seems like all you get is bad but don't give up :(

Sh!t happens you learn from your mistakes. Don't worry about it to much :) could have done what i did.

Killed a pair of A.hongslio II. Female died in 7 days, male in 14 days. Couldnt get my

ph down low enough for them. Had to send 2 whiptails and 6 C. axelrodi back home. Never sent fish before.

All corys dead but the 2 whips survived. Thanks for the hardy whips jono lol.

You live you learn (Y).

:(, I bet discus_noob will be happy about that.

Dont you mean not happy about that? :(

It is a sad sad day. That guy (I called him Mr Grumpy as he pushing around my otos) was awesome fish. Will be sorely missed :( I just dont get how he can go from being so healthy the whole life in my tank then boom dead :( I guess that is part of life.

Unfortunately everyone has made a few mistakes here or there, and have killed fish. I have managed to kill 8 x ruby tetras (rare to find) by setting up a temporary filter on a 2211 canister while my 2213 broke on me and forgot to put the strainer on the intake and up went eight and a european bred apistogramma borellii opal into the intake as well and found them around the impeller section of the 2211 two days later and I was pissed to say the least with some simple mistake even now!! It happens to us all unfortunately and even the most experienced fish keepers on here will say they have suffered losses from time to time.

Dont give up on apistos because you have had bad luck with that one mate. Keep at it and learn more and I can promise you they are cool fish once you get them in the right environment. Should check out the biotope now that it is finally finished and the mum guarding her fry and the male flaring up constantly. Now that is what will get you back into the apisto love

Adam

They are one of the easiest fish to keep once its all set up mate so dont give up :) and PS dont say no to wild caught stuff again as I know you were pretty down on them. They were kept in TAP water in aquariums alive tanks once upon a time (not my guys as they come from fishchicks). So do try w/c stuff again if it is available. They are easy to keep and unlike most people say (the w/c stuff I have kept has been a dream and that apisto was a dream to keep and in actual fact 100 times easier than the easiest discus to keep haha!)