Mutli

Spare 4fter..what to put in it?

Just recently got a 6fter and now have a spare 4ft tank. Trying to decide what to stock it with. At the moment leaning toward some discus or glass catfish. Any other thoughts would be intresting.

Edited by Mutli

Guest Kamfa

Is the tank a three footer or a four footer ? If the tank is a four footer you could try a discus community tank that is planted, but with a three footer it would be a bit more difficult as the size of THE tank. If the tank is a four footer you could go for a single species tank for a large American cichlids... Please could you give us some dimensions of the tank?

HTH

Kamfa

Guest Kamfa

I agree Fernando lol

But the discus idea o yours is good but I would suggest cardinal tetras and rummy nose instead of the neons, I have found that neons can really stress the discus out as they end to dar around more, and do not attain as much size as the rummy nose and cardinals do. Also a positive is cardinals and rummy nose are hardier than neons

HTH

Kamfa

(ps: flower horn in the tank would look a stunner!!!!!!!!)

hahahh not to keen on flowerhorns.. tank is a 4footer sorry. like the discus, cardenal idea. Soo many ideas, not enough tanks lol

Guest Kamfa

A good idea for your discus would be to go for about 6 discus, for a little cleanup crew you could try some small Corydoras and some small tetras of your choice. If you have any ideas of what else you would like to put with the discus tank, feel free to contact myself for any information

Kamfa

this is what i would do

-Blackwater setup - soft acidic water

-sand substrate, with a few ketapang leaves

-twisty melaluca and root balls

-some amazon frogbit

-some discus and orange head geos

-some cories for a clean up crew

-with maybe a l or 2 in there too....

Cav