timddo

Shipping with Heat pack + where to buy in brisbane

guys,

I new to all this shipping thingy and have rung a few places includding AAE. with this cold weater can anyone advise where i can get heat pads and how many i need to place in a box.

It's funny how fish will travel like perishable items. airport to airport in 24 hours.

thanks

Place the heatpad on the bottom side of the lid, and make sure there is something between the heat pad and bag of fish(like a piece of cardboard)

You only need one

not sure where to get it though, try your LFS

What type of fish are you shipping? I've never used heatpads when shipping africans, just lined the foam box with newsapaper, and have never had any problems over a number of years. I do use direct flights only so the fish are in the bags for less than 12 hours. Africans are fine with lower water temperatures, I know people who run their african tanks as low as 20 degress in winter. Other more delicate tropicals, catfish and some american cichlids may require heatpads however. I also recommend putting a few drops of Seachem stress guard in the bag when shipping fish.

Cheers, Doug

Edited by DFishkeeper

Make sure they are the whiteboxes with a fish logo stamped on it. Those boxes are very well insulated so chances are the fish will stay warm enough anyway if just for several hours.

If your desperate to use a heatpack, go to the chemist and buy one you can heatup for arthritus.