I have a pair of great beeding bristlenose that are close to the 10cm mark possibly bigger to which I will donate them to a member. To get them you must be very new to fish, not currently breeding anything, and not want them just to resell them. Post up here in 50 words or less why you deserve them or why someone you know should get them.

Pick up is prefered.

Lets say entries close 24th and I will decide a winner.

Edited by brockssracer

I'm a noob!

But i don't know what to do with them(so I don't want to enter) :P!

Good luck with your competition, very generous of you!

great thing your doing here mate for sure agree with craigo so no one

trys no take advantage of this great deal. It would be good to get more

people into this and i am sure they will have a ball doin it good on ya mate.

Issh they are very easy. Should you be the winner I can explain it all to you.

These b/n have never kicked an egg and produce I would say 50 + a batch every 3 weeks to a month.

Thanks for the kind words guys. I got more than enough tank cleaners and its time they went to someone to learn another skill in this hobby.

well here goes ( before i do this let it be known that i recieved a breeding pair of grashakei (spelling) that had a mouthful when i picked them up, but have not bred since, if you want to exclude me from this thats cool :).

i'm the sort that would have trouble breeding rabbits! i've always wanted to try breeding bristlenose catties, and upon achieving this a few times i would be happy to as its been put "pay it forward" and pass them on to the next person who would like to try breeding them :) thankyou for your time

Guest Kamfa

Okay here i go!!!!

I started keeping fish to

A higher level (livebearers) when i was 14 i am now 15 and 16 in july!!! I now keep cichlids and still learning every day about them, i have never bred any fish sucxessfully, or even tried to breed fish! My biggest tank is a divided 4x 2 x 2. I have never owned a pleco of any kind, and i have always wanted a sucker catty! All i have is a 10cm black shark that smudges algea all over the tank. Despite in my time of fish keeping i coukdnt even breed mollys swordtails and plattys.... I now keep americans but have had to downsize tanks as i am moving house, so conditions are really bad, all of my americans crammed in a 160l is a noobish mistake lol

Thanks

Howdy Brockssracer & friends, fifty words or less to express how I believe I should be chosen for these two amazing fish. Well here goes.

"I got my first tank (2ft) on May 3rd 2011, for my birthday. The best gift EVER! This weekend I'm buying my first tank an "Aquamode 900" I don't have many fish, but the ones I do have are well fed, also cleaning my little tank twice a month. Of the few fish I do have, four of them I traveled over 180km to acquire, instead of getting them from a pet shop & was so excited I made a small clip & posted it on YouTube. My passion for this hobby is now turning into a lifestyle, with my family now growing with every fish I have. I adore my fish, & enjoy watching them grown.. so very slowly, spending every spare moment I have researching & watching, African cichlids to gain as much knowledge about the fantastic world of aquarium fish. I can guarantee if I was chosen to house them, they would be nurtured, loved & become a great addition to my family."

I have also been looking at buying some Bristle Nose for my new tank too. I do apologize that I have gone over the fifty words, but it's hard to put my passion into less than what I have written. I'm really hoping to hear back from you.

Regards,

Jonce.

Edited by aLkAh0LiK

Hi Brockssracer.

I have breed fish before (endlers) and I bred my bettas but only managed to keep 1 out of over 400 babies alive. Not sure if Iam still elligable? anyway here goes.

I'm 15, I bought 3 lf BN and 3 albino BN fry last year to grow up and breed. Last Thursday my heater malfunctioned and killed over $100 of fish including these 6 BN that were just at breeding size. I'm getting a breeding tank when I can afford it. I have a job so I can sustain my hobby but I am involved quite heavily with music at school and I had to take 3 or 4 weekends off in the past 2 months because of The musical and because my band was performing at school things. I haven’t had work for a few weeks now because of this so I can’t replace my lost fish. I would breed them with my guppies or the endlers because I am only aloud 3 tanks. The tank will be heavily planted to provide micro foods for the guppies and greens for the BN to munch on :D I would give a large number of babies away as well to new people just starting out or people who just genuinely want one. Of the ones I sell I will use it to pay for food and other necessities.

Good on you Brockssracer, this is a very generous offer and I'm sure whoever you give them to will forever be in your thanks.

I'll let you know once the day comes that I have fry, & will hold from birth till the day your ready to collect. It would be my pleasure to assist anyone who is interested. I agree with mthom211's comment "this is a very generous offer and I'm sure whoever you give them to will forever be in your thanks." I will type for everyone who applies when I post this, many thanks from everyone who applies, for this great opportunity.

Regards,

Jonce.

Edited by aLkAh0LiK
another typo ;)

I would rather see these guys go to someone else, I got a few new fish to breed yesterday. Goodluck to everyone and once again Brockssracer this is a really generous offer that I'm sure will not be forgotten.

good on you man, you're doing a great thing here :)

i'm only new and don't even have my first tank yet, but it's great to see a forum with guys like you. I will certainly be visiting many many times nightly.

hope whoever gets it deserves it (I'm not entering btw)

wow didnt think people actually gave things like this away, i am new to fish have recently got a 4ft tank setup and its now the main attraction at my house, overall brisltenose are my favorite of all fish plus they clean your tank, i have prepared a tank to breed these but having trouble finding them..., good luck with your auction

Hey id like to participate I myself am very new to the aquarium life I spend alot of my time now just researching whats best for my current fish. i have had my up and downs already but I think I stress more than the fish do :P Currently not setup to breed but that can be changed. Thanks for the oppotunity and gl to everyone else entering. Hopefully one day when they spawn u can use them on one of your lottos as a way of saying thanks. Shane