greenterra

New gear has arrived.

I am on cloud 9 at present. The 5D II, 24-70 f/2.8 L USM, 70-200 IS L f/2.8 II USM and 2X II Converter arrived late today. I am still waiting on the battery grip, filters and strobes but at least the main stuff is here. Time to get myself acquainted with it.:)

5950122506_774aa504f9_o.jpg

Edited by greenterra

70-200..... 70-200....... 70-200..... IS f2.8.....IS f/2.8...oooh to hold that baby in my arms.

you are one lucky lad mate.

I'll be keen to see what you think of the 2x Converter.

Sweet gear! Where did you get it from?

Felix

Through OZ Digital Online They were great to deal with. Product was packaged perfectly and delivered very fast. I won't hesitate to do more business with them in the future. They give discount to for larger orders.

I have taken a few test shots just around the house tonight and the detail from the 70-200 IS II and 5D II is just superb. I am looking forward to some fish images from this combo.:)

Cool I'll have to check them out! Grey import I assume? Was looking at a 600D from DWI, might try these guys instead.

Felix

They are Oz based, Sydney I think. All the manuals and software etc are in full English. Not Chinese etc like some items from Ebay. I was looking overseas at first but didn't want to get hit with the import duties and taxes for purchases over $1000. The funds from my Paypal went through last Thursday so I was surprised to receive the product today. Super fast delivery.

A couple of fish shots. I think I am really going to enjoy this setup. The detail is just amazing.

5953707153_d6c609fa4d_o.jpg

5954264982_4268928cea_b.jpg

I threw this on in just to show how much detail is in the full size image.

This is the fin from the above shot. You can even see the veins.:)

5953706621_da547f945f_b.jpg

I actually didn't have to do as much with this cam. I don't know if it is the cam or the lens, but the white balance, colour levels are much more accurate with the 5D II than my 450D. Even the shadow areas come out much better. These were with the 70-200 lens. I am yet to try the 24-70mm lens.

shots look much more 'real' ... absolutely superb!

They are much softer to look at yet at the same time the detail is incredible