AlexPanda

Bristlenose Question.

Hey guys.

Just wondering what type of fish are able too be in the same tank as Bristlenose as they are breeding and will not cause much of an issue for them while they do there thing. And are able too live in a tank temp of around 23-26 Degrees C. Also which Plecos will breed in a tank.

Thanks Alex.

IMO any other fish as long as the BNs wont fit in there mouth. I breed Bn's in comunity tanks with africans, americans and guppies. Just need a spare tank to put the youngesters in out of the breeding log before they escape and get eaten. Provide heaps of wood and hiding areas. Otherwise try some of the tropicals that arent so predatary. In the end if u dont want the drama of collecting the young keep them in there own tank with some cherry shrimp. Most fish if hungry enough will try baby bns no matter what. This will cause them to stress and die.

Second Q's larger plecos wont breed in aquariums but there r plenty of other L numbers that u can try breeding.

Hi sorry to Hijack your thread, But I have a common longfin pair of BN's in a 2 foot community tank,I have never Breed them Before, For the Last Week the Male has Been Sitting in one of the Logs, Is He just Waiting for Her Or Whats the Go? He has been shaking his Fins no stop, I had a look for Eggs in the Logs but none yet, There is bout 10 pepps in with them about 3-4 cm would they be stopping them from breeding, Or am I just Being Impatient lol

This Is him In the Log

SAM_1649.jpg

peps wont bother them mate, and it shouldnt be long for the eggs to be in there, is the female hanging around the log?

and I think your just being impatient : P

Sweet, Thanks mate, she has been hanging around the log n Yea I am being impatient lol Im just excited n cant wait :)