mullygrub

what do u feed your fish????

hey guys and gals

just wanting to know what u guys feed your fish? atm my rainbow are on a diet of brine shrimp 3times a day with a high pro flake. and on the weekends they get a treat of blood worms,

just wanting to know what everyone else feeds there fishies

i feed my americans a mixture of hikari cichlid gold, shrimp pellets and cheapo baby cichlid pellets twice a day

and twice a week they get a mouse each and a couple of blocks of bloodworm and brine shrimg get chucked in :)

TK01 carefull with feeding mice so regularly, they take quite a long time to digest.

My saratoga absolutly loved them but he only got them once a month due to that fact. Also mate feeding your fish that regularly & amount it would be benificial to fast them atleast 1 day a week. Im sure all your fishies are happy :):)

I am trying to come to terms on feeding a mouse to fish..........whaooooooo.

I only have the usual tropicals (angels, rummys, corys, BN, bolivian rams, clown loaches & SAE) - I feed the NLS pellets, flake, Hikari wafers, Omega One flakes - also sometimes only half a block of bloodworms (thawed out first in tank water) and throw a zucchini in twice a week for the BN and they also get the odd pea as well. I do admit to feeding twice a day - and missing one feed on water change day. But now I am seriously considering cutting back to one feed a day as I notice I have some BBA and wonder if that is due to food? My tank is pretty heavily planted, but I dont have CO2 - but do use Excel daily.

fish food, and a punch in the face if they're misbehaving! im the dominant male in my house! usually feed aquaone cichlid pellet and colour enhancer, once a week each tank gets a cube or two of bloodworms, hikari algae wafers, cucumber, pumpkin. very rarely get a few feeders from lfs.

haha i blewup some heaters and fryed some light's so atm fy fish are all togeather literally eating each other

lol :(

i mean that "like" with great sympathy john....i laughed a little but felt mean straight away :P

anyone make their own food?....if so could we start a thread of recipes?.....id like to try it.

Edited by relle
added some more..

I'm with you relle. Every time I'm in the supermarket I take a gander at the seafood thinking I should get something to make into food for my fish but I never have a good recipe to go off (that's part laziness though, I know it's out there on the net)

Currently feeding my fish basic flake, vegie wafers, NLS pellets, Sera granules, freeze-dried bloodworm and a random assortment of fresh vegies. I admit I read the fish food labels like I do people food :\

I would like to include more live foods if I can get around to figuring out the most convenient way of procuring some at the moment

same edenholly lol......ive read about algae wafers and it sounds like a ridiculously long painful process lol.....but i thought maybe pellets and flakes arent so bad?.....so hopefully someone has some recipes for us lol

In order of size

Ghost Shrimp / Cherry Shrimp

Hikari Massivore, man that stuff is AWESOME

Floating pellets I got from a barramundi farm

Live cockroaches

live geckos (not the natives ones!)

live long-arm prawns

live cichlids, whatever is going around 5-6cm tl

Occasionally they get some worms if I've been gardening, and my parents bring around witchedy (sp) grubs

I feed my guys (angels, geos, apistos, kribs) a mix of things

There dry foods consist of hikari microwafers (I've found the dwarves go crazy over this), hikari cichlid gold, sera vipangran, sera discus and the Hbh supersoft spirulina pellets.

As for live/frozen foods - live Bbs for fry, live BS for breeders, frozen bloodworms, live blackworms, frozen Bbs n bs when I don't have a hatchery going

Cav