Well the new 6 foot was delivered yesterday, now I am considering backgrounds. On my 3 foot I just put the black background on you buy off a roll at the LFS and it has been pretty good.

I was wondering with such a big tank what is the best to stick it on with should I go that option? Double sided tape more secure than old sticky????

the other option I have considered is black vinyl (such as what sign writers have) - but worry how hard that is to put on and take off should you want a change down the track? Anyone tried it?

I dont want to paint the back of the tank though - that is not an option.

With the plastic backing stuff

Just spray cooking oil over it and it'll stick nice and easy to the back of the glass without any tape

But you've got to get the air bubbles out, it makes it look a lot nicer because the plastic is firm against the tank and looks almost painted rather than seeing the reflection of the plastic (if you know what I mean)

Plus when the time comes to change it or whatever it's easy enough to just peel it off and wipe away the oil

the other option I have considered is black vinyl (such as what sign writers have) - but worry how hard that is to put on and take off should you want a change down the track? Anyone tried it?

Thats what I got, really happy with it, just spray glass with mild detergent / water mixture b4 appling and smooth out bubbles with a "squeege",

looks great and can (relativly) easily be removed with patience and a one sided razor.

Brendan

With the plastic backing stuff

Just spray cooking oil over it and it'll stick nice and easy to the back of the glass without any tape

But you've got to get the air bubbles out, it makes it look a lot nicer because the plastic is firm against the tank and looks almost painted rather than seeing the reflection of the plastic (if you know what I mean)

Plus when the time comes to change it or whatever it's easy enough to just peel it off and wipe away the oil

I use Vaseline in this manner and my large tanks backing is only just starting to pull away after 3yrs.