Hi all, I have had a quick search with no difinative answer. I need to know the best product to use for glueing acrylic/perspex together? I am making a drip tray and want to glue the edging on.

I know silicon will not work. Will the plumbers pvc glue work, u know the blue stuff you use on piping but the clear version.

I can get the proper glue, has a cemical called tetrahydra something somthing. This is the best product but is it aquarium safe??? Just wanted to know if anyone out there has played with this stuff and some results.

Thanks, Dean

Loctite 406 is OK. It's very quick setting and runs easily. You could also try acetone.

Acetone disolves acrylic so you need to mask off the areas you don't want affected and apply to both the joined surfaces and hold until it evaporates. It basicly welds the two parts together.

There is a company called Industrial Plastics at Morningside that can offer more advice.

cheers

I done a heap of research (google ) when i built my water drip tray, Apparently / obviously, there is a product that does the job, but i couldn't work it out or find it.

I found it easier to get one professionally made for $75:00.

Just take it home and start using. You can see mine in this thread here on page 5 http://www.qldaf.com/forums/articles-faq-20/your-sump-pics-here-24676/

Hth

Brendan