bidkev

It's coming!

Niceone Kev!! what fishies will be calling this tank home?

Just the pair of dovii at Jake's insistence. Was gonna leave 'em in the 8x2 and go American community in this one, but he wants to try grow 'em to their full potential along with the fry. He reckons they won't be able to turn round in the 8x2 :confused: :egrin:

Edited by bidkev

if you ever need to re-house the festae you know where we live kev and you have already seen our american community tank she would be very nice and safe in our tank :)

She's a feisty bugger mate................I think the others will need re-housing before her. I'm still watching the other 4 for a female for ya.

exciting times kev :)

I've not done backgrounds either so once your done tell me what you think of them and how painful they were etc <3

Errrrrrrrrm??????????????????????? like over 225 dollars painful and that was a good price for an LFS. The Juwel backgrounds are sprayed with something that makes it feel a lot harder than others..........almost like it's real rock. I've always been satisfied with a navy blue cloth hung at the back, but hey.............Jake bred the fish that made the credit so he can have what he wants.....................I wasn't going to pay for it...................the missus would've killed me :egrin:

We are all going to be busy bees - my 6 foot arrived through the week and my set up is tomorrow too !!!!!

Can't fill mine up 'cause I've gotta wait for the silicone on the background to cure.............Sunday will be my busiest day.

There's no finer day than setting up a nice tank.

Thats a good size for those guys mate, they'll love you for ever for giving them 3ft wide. Jakes know what he's doing.

Cant wait to see some pics when she's all done.

And a background??? wow, trying something new..... will be interesting to see what you think when its all up.

How'd the setup go Kev! put up some pictures

I had Gary (wickky) over this morning at 8am, came and picked up his 4fter then I went over to Aquariums To Go where Phil loaded up the sump and tank

Came home and Hamza (HamzaLH) and Tony (bones80) helped me set it all up, now just the tidying up is left

bloody hell, what a day

How'd the setup go Kev! put up some pictures

Bloody hell mate! Give me a chance! :egrin: Just finished now................came at 11.00............the background squeezed in tight so I didn't have to silicone it in which gave me a chance to fill straight away.

Had to wash more gravel,,,,,,,,,not enough......Pumped half the water from the the 8 footer into the new tank, caught up the dovii pair and put them in the new tank took three sponges from the FX5 on the 8 footer and put them in the new FX5. Also stuck an aqua one canister on it too. The extra wide tie bars had holes drilled in 'em so no buggering about trying to get hoses over the tie bars, just pushed 'em through the holes.

The wood I picked up from the Pine the other day, all sank and looking OK.......just waiting for some mangrove root and she'll be done.

I'll put pics up when I think it's sweet............she's only got daylight bulbs in the lights atm and I might just go gro-lux as I like the red light.

Sounds awesome ,sit down now and have a beer!

On my 4th Tooheys Platinum......I've earned it....................I've even shown the missus how to light a barbie :egrin:..............sexist b@stard that I am :egrin:

Bloody hell mate! Give me a chance! :egrin:

haha, don't kid us mate, you love the attention :P:p

Iv been waiting to here how today went too.

Sounds like you had it well organised and all went well.

Whats your first impression of the background?? What does Jake think?