fishamungus

Anything go with mullet??

Hi all,

Just wondering if theres any other fish that would go with mullet and stuff out of the creek? Perhaps the odd toad fish etc. Gonna take over the care of the other 1/2's tank but he still wants mullet in there ha ha.. So starting to research what else I could have in there.

Anyone know of anything that would go ok.. americans other natives etc? Never kept any of those so not sure of water parameters / how they'd get along etc.. only kept africans so thought id ask those in the know what u reckon... would love something with a bit of colour..

The mullet are all transferred over to freshwater.. and was thinking of getting some bunnings play sand for bottom and driftwood.. has otto internal filter.. no heater. And not sure if I could put some of my b/n in there?

i agree rex i was gunna say a 6/0 hook and 50lb trace,jacks love em,nice one in your avatar,what lenghth did he go,smashed some nice ones in the passage last summer,im a dedicated jack fisho,plague of mozzies wont even ruin a night for me,lol

ha ha.. some good suggestions there.. dont think i could bring myself to eat mullet.. but hopefully he will take the damn things out and catch me a nice jack like in your pic rex! Getting tempted to try my hand at americans or get some more africans for in there.. any chance the mullet would mix in for a while till he needs some more bait :)

i agree rex i was gunna say a 6/0 hook and 50lb trace,jacks love em,nice one in your avatar,what lenghth did he go,smashed some nice ones in the passage last summer,im a dedicated jack fisho,plague of mozzies wont even ruin a night for me,lol

That one was 56cm off memory, I didn't get into em much last season..but this year am going to get amonst them for sure!