Alasse

Tank stand question

I have a 4x15" metal tank stand with a 4x15"x"18" tank on it, i want to replace the tank as its not really display quality. I figure if i'm gonna replace the tank i may as well get a bit bigger tank. Can i safely put a 4x20" on it?

I know i'll need to put a board on top to come out to the edges of a bigger tank. Silly idea, and i should just get another tank AND stand made

Let me know please

imo if your changing tanks because it is not display quality and gonna put a slab of timber down to suit the nice new tank, do you think the stand will look dodgy??

no point putting a nice tank on an ugly stand. saying that i haven't seen it so i don't know what it looks like. post pics if you can.

hth

cheers

you can do it as long as the board under is strong enough i have had tanks sit 1" over without problems , although imo its not ideal but there are many tank stand design's that sit the tank hanging over leg supports

I bought the new tank & stand and its in the house, not setup as yet though.

I ended up cleaning the old stand up, stripping it back and repainting, cleaning up tank etc and selling it, it came up really well, if i had the room i would have kept it *L*

4ftsetup24thSept2011.jpg

It came up a treat considering the state it was in.

I'm off this week too, i'll try to get there prolly be Thursday, i'm a bit caught up til then, did my darn neck in and the painkillers recommend not driving *L* Hopefully i'll be able to drive properly by then!