Has anybody on this forum had any experience with these ?

Are their lights good enough for a planted tank ?

I have recently bought one and want to set it up as a planted tank for some Werneri Rainbows .

I want to put a stump with some roots from bottom to top with a river sand substrate ( I have yet to get the stump ) and was looking to put some plants in ( Lightly to medium planted no CO2 ).

Suggestions from anybody with experience in this would be appreciated . As although I have been breeding fish for decades this will be my first attempt at an "arty" display tank and to be honest I am a little clueless about where to start ( backgrounds etc ) and how to go about it .

I have the standard depth AR620. I keep shrimp in mine and now heavily planted. No Co2 but have Up Aqua soil. I've successfullu grown Glossostigma, Blyxa, Stauro, Crypts, Lotus and several different mosses aswell as several Anubius and Java fern varieties. The key is to select plants that are suited the light (low/med) and those that aren't heavy root feeders since you're using river sand, although you could supplement them with root tabs.

Here's a link to see how mine developed since getting into planted setups My latest shrimp setup.. I have found that particular forum an excellent place to learn about planted setups.