Alibi

Fry Saver help!!

My Caudopunctatus have just had their second batch of fry, the first batch was eaten by the other fish and i tried moving what was left into another small tank but they died (temperature change?).

This lot i bought a aquaone fry saver and thought all would be good, but the little buggers must have swam through the mesh and been eaten by the other fish!

Does anyone have any suggestions with fry savers that fry cant escape?

Thanks for any help.

Kitchen seive or a net with a bit of something in the bottom to keep it spread out. Unfortunately that doesnt stop the other fish from sucking the fry out. Only sure fire way is with a proper fry saver like is at thefishcave.com.au

for small fish........ I use a container like an old ice cream tub... anyway cut out windows on the side and then superglue on those green "scotch brite" pads.

The ones that DONT come with soap on them lol

and then ya glue on some styrofoam (may find glue eats away styrofoam lol)

or as I do, stab some holes thru them and then ziptie on styro strips

anyway, fish cant see thru scotch brite but water can flow thru.

sounds dodgy as

but I have raised lots of baby catfish in tubs like this, while they floated around tanks full of BIG angry fishys

Thanks guys!! Thinking maybe the fishcave one as it looks pretty spanky. Never thought of scotch brite pads as a window for the homemade ones, things you learn hey. And Shon i have already tried the new tank think but that idea was knocked back :(

Danooki how does yours work? Is it the same kind of thing as the one in Brenguns post?

Thanks for the tip brengun!! I have used finer sponge sheets also on the sides as I have lost fry getting caught in the caorser stuff!!

Thanks Alibi!! I actually have a few of the fishcave ones myself and they are awesome!! But I love the satisfaction of diy's and figured I give making some a shot.. Worked out cheaper too!!