Steve_bsc

exposing fry to new water.

I currently have my first ever batch of fry in a fry saver inside my big display tank.

I would like to transfer them over to an already running african tank that will have all the fish removed.

My fry were milked last friday and I would like to start letting them swim in a tank as soon as i can. Are they ok to move yet or will the slightly different water kill them?

thanks heaps for the help. It confirmed my original thoughts but as I said it is my first lot of fry so I would like to do things right from the beginning. Whilst I had my back turned this morning writing this thread I had my Blue orchids do their thing aswell so I now suddenly have 2 breeding pairs of different africans now :)

He has been in this tank since I got it up and running again a few of months ago as he keeps every inch of rock and glass spotless. He hasn't appeared to have eaten any fry overnight so fingers crossed that continues.

I have had a couple batches of different fry and have always had a peppermint in with them, even had a 20cm pleco in with my fry at one stage, they havent touched the fry, the only thing id be concerned about them eating is eggs :)

My fry are all going really well thanks. numbers dropped from an original 30 to 20 in the first couple of days but they are all growing really quickly thanks to regular feeds. I milk my blue orchid next tuesday or wednesday and I have had a new tank for the fry that has been cycling for a week now with 100% water from my 3ft.

I have now come to realise that I may have to start my next tank project alot sooner than anticipated.