bidkev

New 6x3x2 & 8x2x2 re-scape

Just a few quick hand held shots. OK, forget the naff plants in the 8 footer. Jake put 'em down one end last night. I told him they'd go walkabout and he said he'd take 'em out if he did...........I'm waiting for him to come home and shift 'em.

tank0012.jpg

tank0009.jpg

tank0003-1.jpg

tank0002-2.jpg

Nice one!! Don't know where i can find a pair of Festae's to go into my tank at all mate????? Btw the DW in my build up you commented on I didn't end up buying! ;) Here's what i did http://www.qldaf.com/forums/product-diy-technical-discussion-11/my-6-foot-build-up-my-americans-48944/

I wouldn't put a pair of festaes in with anything else mate...............all hell would break loose.

Barely noticed the rock background mate, it doesnt steal the show -I like it.

Your 8fter residents look like theyre enjoying a bit more space too.

The wood you picked up from Pine River, just straight in the tank??

Yep. It was well weathered and on the bank in full sun so it's UV sterilised :egrin:

I could do without the placcy Vallis but Jake could see the join seams of the rock panels and they were annoying him so he decided to cover them

the question is what the hell is in our water everyone i know has the same oily/gunk film on the top

Yer one of my tanks has this u can only see it from the inside of the tank looking at the surface. Beats me what it is. Doesnt look good but it hasn't done any harm since i noticed it a couple of months ago. Maybe oils from our hands?

nah ive been extra careful i thought the same thing .. the only tanks that dont have "it" are ones with surface skimmers and yet if you turn them off it will reappear..

ive even sucked it all out when waterchangin but yet was there again after refilling

Tanks look great Kev! You and your son have done a great job.

Just a quick question. Do the 3d backgrounds float? I like them more then the latex, they dont take up as much tank space and look very realistic! I currently have latex backgrounds in most of my tanks but may have to make a switch.

Good work mate

Nick

Edited by efc
.......gnilleps

Tanks look great Kev! You and your son have done a great job.

Just a quick question. Do the 3d backgrounds float? I like them more then the latex, they dont take up as much tank space and look very realistic! I currently have latex backgrounds in most of my tanks but may have to make a switch.

Good work mate

Nick

Dunno mate, but I would guess so. The juwel are heavier than other backgrounds as they're sprayed with something tougher than most............they're 3x the price though. Mine wedged in so i didn't have to silicone 'em to the back.