bidkev

The Beast Has Arrived!

I really wanted some serious glass L series but the tax man wasn't playing so I've had to settle for this. Just given it a test run and it's rather soft fully open at 500. Will play some more later

The Bigma............150-500

cameratest0038.jpg

cameratest0039.jpg

Shorncliffe...........Love the perspective and how it pulls the docks forward

At 150

cameratest0032.jpg

At 500

cameratest0033.jpg

congrats kev <3 :)

by the way i dont know how hard it is but you should get a "share on facebook" button on your website so us facebook people can link you on our pages for everyone to see.....greenterra has one on his :)

Holy snappin ducksh...t thats a rather large lens mate, I like.

I hope you don't make Jake carry that around for you on your field trips.....

It has OS right? same as Canon IS?

Yeah, has OS with 2 settings. Wouldn't trust anyone to carry my gear mate but after humping it around this morning..............all 2 kilos of it, I'm beginning to have 2nd thoughts. Sat it on a monopod and it waved around like a baboons arse, so the OS will come in handy, when I figure it out.

congrats kev <3 :)

by the way i dont know how hard it is but you should get a "share on facebook" button on your website so us facebook people can link you on our pages for everyone to see.....greenterra has one on his :)

I'll take a look at it chook........................when I've finished playing wiv me new toy :egrin:

So Kev, why all that reach???

Bird photogrpahy?

Never thought of that? :confused: More for the skinny dippers (female of course) at Alexandra Beach, Noosa. :egrin:

Seriously, I'd like to have a crack at shooting surfing, parasailing, and surf gliding, as well as wildlife.

Good excuse to head to the beach mate.

Reminds me of a chant I was singing at the ashes last year...........

"if he burns in the sun he's a pom........" .....:)

Did you consider the 100-400 L or the 400 L prime?? or did you want the extra reach of the 500?

haha...I can imagine the look on peoples faces as you waltz down the street with that Kev. Nice pick up. Hayath from APF has the 50-500. He said the same thing with it being a little soft at full zoom but using it under 450mm, it was great. I have seen him produce some excellent shots that any would be happy with.

haha...I can imagine the look on peoples faces as you waltz down the street with that Kev. Nice pick up. Hayath from APF has the 50-500. He said the same thing with it being a little soft at full zoom but using it under 450mm, it was great. I have seen him produce some excellent shots that any would be happy with.

Yeah mate. I've got the 18 -200 as well, so although it would have been nice to carry just one lens, I couldn't justify the extra cost of the 50 -500

Did you consider the 100-400 L or the 400 L prime?? or did you want the extra reach of the 500?

Not really mate as I won't be going the full 500 as it's too soft at that end for my liking. I went for it purely based on reviews and the fact that it's a third of the price of the canon with only one stop difference.

Lol, everyone knows the Bigma as the 50-500, so it will just confuse people if you call it the Bigma. And yeah, a lot of people see you with it and think its a good idea to talk to you about random crap that doesn't involve photography.

Anywho I kind of like to use mine without OS.

Edited by 175Myles