just a quick question seeing as its been suggested to find some rather than buy it, what makes a good piece of driftwood, apart from shape of course, i wouldn't mind seeing if i could acquire something interesting for myself i just don't what to bring back something that might affect my fish..

it is highly illegall to collect mangrove root driftwood in particular,everthing has its place in nature and if everyone started taking everything it would stuff up the balance,just like if someone started stuffing around with your fish tank,the inhabitants wouldnt like it,lol,dont get caught if you plan on it,we got fined $700 for burning wood that was just laying around on bribie island on our camp fire,they class this stuff as natural mulch load of crap but anyway would hate to see fine for mangrove root.

you can't burn anything where you can't burn anything numb nut..mangrove root is no different from any other wood..legally can't get it from public land....where river has moved more than 1.5 metres becomes your land and mangroves have died all yours....can't make your own campfire anymore....anywhere....